Chapter 25 - She's On The Hunt

THANK YOU so much to everyone who has voted and supported 'She's One Of The Boys' in the Waty Awards - I was shocked to find out I had made it into the second round and even more surprised byt the percentage it had on the first day! You guys and girls are amazing!! xo

 (not fully edited....I got lazy)

~ ~ Chapter Twenty Five ~ ~

Saxon was leaning on his large desk, the muscles in his arms becoming very prominent as his eyes were transfixed on the map spread out before him, “I have a cabin up here,” and his finger tapped a spot on the map. It was a large layout of his lands and the surrounding territories.

“That’s nice to know,” I mumbled while spinning around in his chair again – I love this chair.

“Could you care any less?”

Nodding my head slowly, “Yeah, I could actually.”

“Alright, I’ve got what I need. You ready to go now?” He abruptly stood up, rolling the map back up and slipping it into a hard cylinder.

“I was ready when I first howled for you, you’ve just been slowing me down,” I gave him a pointed look as I stopped the chair and stood up to my feet, ready to go kick some she-wolf butt.

He smirked cockily, “You weren’t complaining about me slowing you down,” and I blushed immediately, scowling at him in the process.

“Shush.”

Saxon chuckled, the sound deep and contagious because you rarely heard the boy laugh. So when you did, it made you automatically want to join him, but I was stubborn and kept the scowl glued to my face as I led the way out of his office.

“Hang on a second, I just need to leave a note for Vance,” Saxon called out and I paused, impatiently, in the doorway. Glancing back at him as he quickly scribbled something down on a slip of paper before folding it in half and scribbling one word on the front, he sat it in the middle of his organised and clean desk.

“What does your note say?” I raised a curious eyebrow as we started walking down the hallway together, all finally ready to leave and go hunt this wolf down and find out what her problem is.

“That I’m taking my mate on a special trip,” Saxon smirked again, casually throwing his arm over my shoulder.

 Grinning as I looked up at him, “I expect a cool gift then.”

Stepping down off his front porch, I toed the dirt with my bare foot and sighed softly before looking up again. “Ready?” I asked and he nodded once, and then motioned for me to go first. Rolling my eyes I did lead the way to the edge of the trees before shifting into my wolf form and without waiting for him, I started running.

We all knew he would catch up anyway.

The tranquillity of the trees and wildlife all around us calmed my thoughts down a bit, as we ran in silence, side by side. The sound of our paws thumping against the soft earth was the only disruptive sound, but then again, wolves are a natural part of Mother Nature.

I still couldn’t believe that the she-wolf was Brody’s newfound mate. He was going to be so angry when he finds out that she was just stalking us for some other ulterior motive – one that I think I already know. My bigger problem is; how do I tell him this?

‘Eva?’ I yelp of shock escaped my mouth, followed by Saxon’s deep chuckle inside my mind as my racing heart calmed down.

‘Don’t do that,’ I grunted back, not wanting to admit that I forgot about how we could now mind link again.