71. Aftermath

Song : HANAP HANAP _ James Reid and Nadine Lustre
This particular lyrics fit the current events.

"I met you in unexpected circumstances I'm surprised it seems fate is playing with us. I fell in love fast without me noticing But fate doesn't want us to be together"- James Reid &Nadine Lustre

***

    My mind had gone blank. I am in a stupefied state as I walk out of the building led by security. I keep walking not sure where I'm headed, just knowing I need to keep going. I hear the sound of horns and curses, screams and screeching of tires, I feel something hit my back but don't register it.

I keep walking,

walking,

and walking.

       I don't know how but I find myself in front of room 234. I stand still in front of the door, the images I saw earlier flashing in front of me as the assistants last words come back to me. I can't go in and can't bring my legs to move, turn and walk away. I stand still my mind confused, my heart in pain, my head throbbing.

The door opens revealing a surprised Jess.

"Hera?" She asks and looks at me. Her surprised expression replaced by one of worry and shock. I don't know why I came here, I didn't know where else to go plus my contract for the room was still valid.

Jess quickly envelops me in a hug.

I burst into tears.

That's all it took. That one hug.

        My world was made and crashed in less than a week. How? Why? Why did Lexis have Peter as his dad? Why couldn't Peter let me and Lexis be? Why did Peter treat his own son like that? Why did Lexis have to go through the pain he did at such a young age? How many more kids are out there whose lives have been or are being shaped for ruin by their parents? Why didn't I have the power to do anything? Why didn't I know what to do? Why why why?

Jess holds me tightly patting my back. After some time I quiet down.

"Mind your damn business!" She says to the girls in the hallway watching and gossiping before leading me in and slamming the door behind us. She sits me down on her bed and gives me a box of Kleenex which I accept and wipe my face.

"Thank you," She says voice low.

"For what?" I ask confused.

"Coming here," She replies.

"I didn't know where else to go," I say.

"Lexis?" She asks and I nod.

"Did the idiot cheat on you?!" She asks jumping up.

"What? No!" I say holding onto her hands and pulling her back down comforted by the act that showed she cared.

"Then what is it? Did you fight?" She asks searching my face as if,  if she looked hard enough she'd see the answers boldly written in ink.

"Its not that it's...his dad wants me to leave him," I say.

She sits down quietly next to me.

"Peter?" She says and I nod.

"Did he threaten you?" She asks an angry expression coming upon her.

"Not me, Lexis," I say.

"Did he use Reid's dad's psychiatric home?" Jess asks.

"You know?"I ask surprised.

"Reid got really drunk one day and told me about it," She says.

"Wait, this isn't his first time using that as a threat?" I ask and she nods.

"That place was and is Lexis' hell, it's his dad's winning card, the only thing that can cause Lexis to be moved in the direction his dad wants," She says.

"I don't get it, Why hasn't anyone stopped him?" I ask.

"It's not that easy, he is his durable power of attorney which means he makes the medical and financial decisions for Lexis if he is mentally incapacitated, but that's what I don't get, Lexis is sane how is he still able to use that?" She asks.

"We all know he is but a few days ago, at a dinner party, Lexis made some statements on his dead mum and acted violently hurting one of the guests. The judges who can decide on the revocation of his durable power of attorney where there and there's no record of his mum's existence," I say.

"Oh crap, that sucks" Jess says.

"Tell me what happened in detail, I may be able to help," She says.
I tell her everything about my encounter at the office and the videos leaving out specific details. She sighs when I get done and gets up pacing around in thought.

"The video of the Psychiatric home, you said it showed other patients?" She asks and I nod.

"That's a violation of patient doctor confidentiality, your being able to see it, that is," She says and I sit up.

"How do you know that?" I ask.

"It's common knowledge plus I'm a law student," She says smiling.

"Oh my goodness! Are you serious?!" I say jumping up and holding her hands. She chuckles.

"Now aren't you glad you stopped by?" She says and I nod.

"Hmm, we'll talk to Reid, he may be able to get a copy from his dad's office for us to distribute in Peters name which will give him a buttload of million dollar lawsuits, that he'd forget about breaking you two up," She says.

"Will he do it? Reid?" I ask remembering how he snitches to Peter on Lexis.

"He may not, but Karen will because she'll be there when we tell Reid," She says smiling.

"Karen?" I ask.

"She owes Lexis and incase you haven't noticed, she loves him, no offense," She says and I smile shaking my head. If she could help I didn't care about her feelings for Lexis that will never be reciprocated by him.

"But what happens after?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"Yes, we may stop Peter this time but that doesn't stop him from sending Lexis to the mental home or using it as a threat in future as long as he is the durable power of attorney," I say.

"That's true, it just sucks that all his family members are on team Peter or can't go against Peter, if only there was one that could, we could contest for a revocation," She says.

      I think of Nathan. He currently hates Lexis and would probably happily throw him in there.

"What of friends?" I ask.

"Don't you know your boyfriend? He doesn't have friends, everyone around him is in one way or another using him," She says causing me to sit back down.

"Except..." She stops pacing around and looks at me.

"Hera, you just met Lexis a month back, yet you moved in with him, why?" She asks.

"I love him," I say and quickly cover my mouth shocked at how quickly I admitted it.

She smiles.

"How much?" She asks.

"Can you live without your shadow?" I ask.

She shakes her head.

"I can't live without him," I say.

He's my half, you can't live without half of you, you'll be incomplete, to exist I need the half of his heart and lungs that completes mine. To fully breathe.

"So you can do anything for him?" She asks and I nod.

She claps her hands and walks over to me.

"Hera Reynolds what do you think about becoming Mrs Hera Black?" She asks grinning.

***
WHAT just happened? 😮 lol don't forget to vote :-)