Busy

I fumbled the key into my apartment lock quickly and headed straight to my room. I quickly stripped and put my uniform on. It consisted of a plain white blouse and a black pencil skirt. I swapped out my heels for some shorter black leather ones.

I groaned as I arrived to my shift late thanks to a disgusting pig. I tied the black apron around my waist and mentally prepared for the dinner rush. A lot of the people who dined in were either really nice or really stuck up and narcissistic, but I've learned to deal with worst. At least the tips were usually generous.

Rachel, who was my work best friend walked up to me with a grin on her small heart shaped face. Her hair was tied up into a sleek bun.

"You look surprisingly happy today to be at work Rachel." I raised my brow in suspicion.

"Lucas wanted me to go wait on room 23", her blue eyes gleamed.

"What really?" I asked surprised. "He rarely let's either of us have rooms." Rooms here were known for the rich. It was ridiculous the tip amounts they left.

"That's why I'm going to let you take it from me."

My eyes widened. "No, you're not giving me what you and I both know will be a huge ass tip."

"I know, trust me I know," Rachel laughed. "But I am because I know you need it for school."

I smiley at her sweetly. "You're amazing," I quietly squealed and hugged her.

"Well what are you waiting for?" Rachel asked as I wouldn't let go of her.

"Anastasia," someone called grasping my attention. I turned to see Lucas who was my boss waking up behind the counter.

"What's up Lucas?" Asking casually hoping he didn't notice that I was late.

"I need you to wait on room 14 immediately. They requested a new waitress and we are low staffed right now so I need you to hurry."

"Why did they do that?" I questioned.

He shrugged. "I'm not sure but they are regulars here so it's important that we keep them regulars. Now come on let's get to work. You too Rachel."

As he left us, Rachel and I both rolled our eyes at each other. It wasn't even that busy yet. Lucas was a nice guy but he could be very pushy sometimes. He was definitely a worry wart.

"Guess we're both making bank tonight baby!" Rachel gave me a high-five.

My heels clicked against the dark hard wood floor as I walked to room 14 nervously. I didn't do rooms too often so it's always intimidating for me. I was trained to always knock before entering a customers room, so I did.

"Come in," a voice inside the room said.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. I took one look at these men and my confidence fell into a ditch. Young and gorgeous. All of them; it was definitely something I wasn't used to seeing around here, or like anywhere. Most of the time it was either wealthy families or older men and rarely there'd be men or women around my age.

I forced out the biggest smile and walked towards the large table with all the confidence I could gather. "Hi my name is Ana, and I will be waiting on you tonight. Can I start you off with something to drink other than water?"

"We would like a bottle of your finest wine," a deep soothing voice said. I couldn't really see his face since he was buried in his phone.

"Will that be all?" I asked sweetly.

Everyone nodded.

I walked out of the room and wiped my sweaty palms on my apron. I wondered who they were. The words money and power were literally plastered onto their pretty little faces.