Chapter 30

I brought out my medicine and looked at Tae. His face was painted with surprise. I knew what he was thinking. I'm sure he was thinking that I was going to take my medicine but I wasn't.

"Eomeonim, can you tell me where the garbage can is?" I asked.

"The maids can take it for you." she replied. I nodded and the maids grabbed the bottle from the table and walked into the kitchen.

"You scared me." Tae whispered. I smiled and held his hand.

"Taeguk-ah, do you want to tell your eomma about your picture?" Tae's mom said.

"I already did!" she smiled, eating a slice of orange.

"Thanks for dinner eomma, appa." Taehyung said, getting up.

"Why don't you stay for dessert too? Taeguk helped me bake a cake." Tae's mom said.

"We'll take it home. Hyejin should get some rest." Tae smiled, helping me up as well. I nodded in agreement and walked to the door with Taehyung. Taeguk ran behind us with a container in her hand. I looked inside and saw a few pieces of cake.

"Did you make this Taeguk?" I asked.

She nodded and smiled.

"I knew you liked vanilla cake so I told halmeoni that I wanted to make it for you!" she smiled.

I smiled and hugged her.

"Gomawo Taeguk." I smiled.

I pulled away and put on my shoes. Taehyung helped Taeguk put on her jacket and sneakers. We bowed and got into the car. I strapped Taeguk in and sat up front. We drove away and listened to some music.

"Taeguk-ah? What song do you want to listen to?" I asked, scrolling through my playlist.

"Mm... Save Me by my oppas!" she smiled. I smiled and nodded, playing the song. We were interrupted by a phone call from Taehyung's mom.

"Taehyung-ah?" she said.

"Yeah?" he replied.

"Hyejin forgot her purse so your dad is on his way. He actually should be behind your car." she said.

Taehyung looked at the rearview mirror and smiled. His dad was there. I looked behind, trying to see his dad's face. We continued driving but suddenly there was a loud crash. I screamed from the noise and saw Tae's dad car flipped over and another car damaged in the front.

"Appa!" Taehyung yelled. He stopped the car and ran outside.

"Is harabeoji (grandfather) alright?" Taeguk asked.

"J-just stay here, Taeguk. A-arraso?" I stuttered.

She nodded and I got out of the car, locking the doors. I ran towards the scene and saw Tae on the phone, and trying to find where his father was.

"Abeonim!" I yelled, running towards the damaged cars.

"Hyejin! Stay back!" Taehyung yelled.

A second later the car erupted in flames. I screamed not only at the fact that abeonim was still inside but that Tae was right beside the car as well.

"Taehyung!" I screamed, sprinting towards the car. I didn't care if I would get burned or not, my husband was in danger.

"Someone call the ambulance! Jebal!" I shouted, circling the flaming car. I saw Tae's unconscious body lying on the road.

"Taehyung!" I whimpered, kneeling at his side.

"Taehyung!" I shouted again.

His body was dirty from the ashes of the fire and his head was slightly bleeding. People crowded around and I could finally hear sirens in the distance. I lifted his head into my knees and cupped his cheek.