Chapter 108 - It's A Long Story

"Ok buddy, this is a new breakfast. It's called peaches, you wanna try it?" I asked Sebastian, as I held a spoon full of mashed peaches.

"Bleaches!" He blubbered out, hitting his hands on his tray.

"Yes, bleaches." I said, smiling, "okay, here ya go!" I spooned the peaches into his mouth and felt enormously proud of myself.

"Congrats Niñita." I heard Lin standing in the doorway.

"Thanks." I turned around, he was standing there filming this, I rolled my eyes a little, "why the camera?" I asked.

"Cute brother sister moments must be captured." He replied, not putting his phone down.

"I'm not sure if I even looked in my mirror before coming in here. Why?" I asked, setting down Sebs food and spoon.

"Morning realness." He replied, and just as he did this I felt the bowl of peaches hit the side of my face.

"Bleaches!" Sebastian giggled.

"Yep. Morning realness." I smiled.

•••

After morning realness was finished (and my first 3 classes), I was walking to lunch, when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Wait up." It was William. "Can we talk?" He asked, as we walked together to lunch.

"Yeah, sure." I smiled, and he took my wrist and led me over to a corner and sat down.

"Sit down, sit down." He said, and I did.

"So, um, what's this about, please don't make an excuse. I just, we're friends, can we just stay friends for a little while?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course, I just wanted to know what's been happening with you. Fill me in."

"Ah, dang, um, a lot. I saw my birth parents again." I recalled.

"Wait, where did you see them?"

"Just, on the street!"

"I thought they lived in Oregon." He said, confused.

"I think they still do, I mean I hope so. I was with Lin and Vanessa, and, they saw us on the street, then Lin and Vanessa got kinda pissed at them, because they wanted me back."

"Oh. Dang, I'm sorry, anything else?" He asked, obviously trying to get off the subject.

"Oh, actually, good news, the court case with Nick finally settled, sentencing is like next Tuesday. I don't have to go."

"Wait, that's over? Explain, more in depth."

"Lin took the Nick situation to court. We won, there's not much more to it." I shrugged.

"That's great news!" He smiled at me, I missed his smile.

"I think that's it. How about you? We haven't talked in like 2 weeks."

"Nothing's really happened." He said, sighing, "I been kind of alone. My dads been really distant."

"Oh, why?" I asked.

"You don't know." He said, not like he was telling me, or asking me, he sort of just whispered this to himself. "Oh, um, the uh, Sunday you left, I don't know how to say this."