Chapter XV

"Stupid enough to fall for you."

I instantly looked over at Cayden who is now answering quietly his worksheet. He slowly turned his head to face me. He blinks his eyes as I was dumbfounded by what he just said. Did I hear those words right or is my brain just playing games with me?

He plasters a smile on his face as I try to figure him out. What the hell is happening? His smile was so genuine that his smile reached his eyes. I then gave him a questioning look in which he chuckles in return.

"I'm just messing with you."

He said as I take a sigh of relief. I don't know why it somehow made me sad when he said he was just messing with you. I shrugged my shoulders and continue answering my worksheet. "Well played," I said.

"Oh, and by the way," Cayden says as I look at him. "You look cute when you blush."

The substitute teacher dismissed us early as I make my way towards the library. The last class I have is a spare class, which means I get to do what I want for 50 minutes, except leave school early.

As soon as I entered the library, I went towards the fiction area to grab a book to read. "Hey," I hear a familiar voice whisper into my ear as I jump. I turned around and saw Cayden standing in front of me, chuckling.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Can't a guy go to a library?" He asks as he grabs the book on my head, flipping through the pages as I watch him.

"I didn't say anything about it but for a guy like you, I doubt that you would," I said as I try snatching the book away from his hand but he won't let me. He continues to flip through the pages and stops midway.

"Are you stereotyping me?" He asks.

"Depends on how you understand things," I said as I smile mischievously as I finally grabbed the book from his hand. I walked towards the next bookshelf on the other side of the library to find another book that I can borrow and read at home.

I suddenly feel someone tailing me, I then turned around and Cayden is still following me, "What do you want from me?" I asked as I let out a groan.

"Nothing, I'm just searching through the library," He says as he randomly grabs a book from a bookshelf as he flips through the pages of the book and finally returns it back to its place. "I just want to spend my spare time with you, is that so wrong?"

"Spend some spare time with me?" I chuckled bitterly, "Why? For all I know, people like you would rather spend some time with those people who are more exciting and fun to be with," I said.

"And you're not exciting and fun to be with?" He questions me as I stopped in my tracks as I turned around and face him.

"I didn't say that I was but I just think that you shouldn't be wasting your time with some girl who is a book nerd and would rather much prefer being in a library for hours instead of communicating with other people," I said as I turn around and continue walking.

"Plus, I wouldn't want to risk your reputation knowing that you're popular and all--"

I was suddenly cut off by what I was saying when Cayden suddenly put his hand against the wall as I look at him in the eyes, "I...Uh..," I stuttered as I try to find the right words to say.

"Hailey," He called me by my first name, "I don't care if my reputation gets destroyed whenever I'm with you," He says as he looked intensely into my eyes.