153

"really phil?" dan looked over to the blue eyed boy, wondering for how long will he keep up with his act. he wants phil to tell him, tell him exactly why he was leaving, why he was giving up. he couldn't frame a plausible reason for phil to just get away from him without offering any explanation.

"dan if you won't tell me we can't-" phil began but dan just snickered pulling his sleeves to cover his hands and wiping his cheeks.

"i won't tell you? not telling things is your forte phil, not mine," he spits and phil just furrows his eyebrows at his harsh words trying to think of a suitable answer. what was he supposed to say when he did not know why dan was turning up on him?

"i don't know what you are talking about," phil sighs, contemplating the fact whether dan knows about his decision of leaving him or not. how would he possibly know? the only time phil has talked about it is this morning and dan was sleeping all the while. phil's thoughts are cut short when dan speaks up again.

"you don't know? really? where were you the past week?" dan is loosing it. he is afraid that he might say some things that he does not mean or do something that was simply uncalled for but right now he didn't care. he was angry, upset and confused and he just wanted answers.

"i-i," the way phil's eyes dart away from his and the way phil sits silently not offering an explanation makes dan want to pick that lamp off the side table and smash it against the wall.

"just fucking tell me phil! have you been cheating on me?" the lump in his throat grows once the the words leave his mouth but he refuses to be the vulnerable one anymore. he just takes a deep breath waiting for phil's response.

"what? no! dan why would you think that?" phil get up from his spot on the bed, staring at dan in confusion. from the list of things he was expecting dan to be mad about, this wasn't one of them.

"oh i don't know phil, why do you think i feel like that?" somewhere dan knew that phil wouldn't cheat on him, but yet again, he also thought phil loved him more than anything else and that he would never leave him. but he was wrong, and so there was always a possibility that phil might have found someone better.

"i don't know! you wouldn't tell me and then just go on assuming things like that? i love you dan, and there is no freaking reason for me to cheat on you! why would i want someone else?" phil rambles, slightly hurt by the fact that dan did not trust him. how could he ever think that phil was cheating on him after everything they have been through?

"then why do you want to leave me?" dan questions, voice dropping and eyes drifting back to the black haired boy. he can see the colour drain from phil's face and his eyes roaming all over the room to find a suitable explanation. he watches quietly as phil opens his mouth and closes it again, but no words come out. what was phil supposed to say?

"i-i how, i," phil stutters, his voice almost inaudible, and dan just sighs looking away from him.

"i heard you speaking to your mom," his eyes sting from the tears pooling in them and his skin turns hot. "i never thought you'd do that, without even letting me know," he states softly, his anger dissolving, leaving behind the familiar pain in his chest.

"dan, i was, i was going to tell you," phil says, slightly unsure of his words. he had no idea how to make this better. he never had a plan of not telling dan about him leaving he was just finding the right moment, and now as dan sits in the corner of the large bed, his knees pulled to his chest, he feels like he should have just told him sooner.

"don't lie to me," the younger boy wipes his eyes for the millionth time, attempting to swallow the lump in his throat.

"i'm sorry," phil has nothing more to say. he couldn't tell dan about his whereabouts the past week. he did not want to scare or bother him and it would be best for both of them to just let it go.

"no i get it, you don't love me anymore," his voice is soft and he sounds broken and hurt and phil hates it. phil hates that he is the cause of it.

"i-i do, it's not that,"

"you stuttered," dan points out letting out a slight chuckle, and it's not out of humour. he does not know how to react to this. why the hell did phil want to leave? how do you fall out of love with a person within a span of a week?

"dan please, i really do love you," phil has no idea what else to say. of course he loves dan, but how was he supposed to make this better?

"it's okay,"

--

i had a real mainstream idea of how i should do a Q&A what do u think