«chapter thirty-eight: holding a grudge»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

"Meow."

"Meow."

  "Meowwwww." I sigh and open my eyes, Biscuit's green emerald eyes staring straight into my deep blue ones, straight into my soul.

  "Yes, oh wise master?" I ask tiredly. He leans in and sniffs my nose, so I blow air on him lightly, causing him to close his eyes. When I stop he opens them and rubs his nose with mine.   "Is that all you wanted?" I ask as he pulls back, looks at me, then jumps off my bed and leaves. "Really!" I shout at him.

  "Yes, really." I shoot up, and find an amused Selina.

  "Sorry, I was talking to... Um, never mind." I smile up at her.

  She chuckles and sits down on my bed. I notice a box in her hand, but don't say anything.

"So, are you going back?" She asks hesitantly.

  I look down, "I guess, I can't really do anything about it. And I am not going to let this run me off. Not after everything." I look back at her. "I have Biscuit, and Artemis is going to train with me."

  She smiles, "Good! Perfect time for you to test these out." She opens the box.

  I smile as I grab one of the gloves. "They are from all of us. They are more like mine."

  I put one on and slip the claws out which seem longer than mine and seem to be made of a better metal. "They are perfect, thank you!" I hug her.

  She laughs and pat my back, "You should get going, now."

  I nod and jump up as she leaves. I put on my suit and boots before refilling my jacket with my knives and other weapons before I finally put on my new gloves, slipping the claws out a few times before I smirk and open my window. "Biscuit." I call and crawl out my window, him right behind me.

  I need moral support today, call me a cat lady. Also, pets make everything better, pretty sure that's science.

  I pick him up and start swinging to the phone booth.

When I land, Artemis smiles at me, "Hey!" She greets.

"Hey," I smile back.

"Are you ready?" She asks.

  I nod, "Why wouldn't I be?" I don't give her a chance to answer as I walk into the phone booth. Biscuit trailing right behind me.

'Recognize-Catgirl:B26'

  I override for Biscuit and watch as he and Artemis come through.

She sighs, "So what do you want to do?"