i. the hat knows best

· 。゚☆: *.
COUNTING STARS
»»————- act one. young, wild & free
ONE ━━ the hat knows best

 young, wild & free ONE ━━ the hat knows best

ᵒ .༄ ࿐ ࿔* ✨🌙💫
♯ ❝I'M ANNABELLE, YOU CAN
CALL ME BELLE FOR SHORT! ❞
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆

ANNABELLE ROSE HAD NEVER REALLY BEEN A SHY CHILD, RATHER DARING AND PRIDEFUL as she grew up in her little town. The brunette never backed down from anything—but now as she walked along the corridor of full compartments, even she couldn't deny the nerves that were creeping up. She had been one of the last children to enter the glorious Hogwarts Express, which meant that most compartments were already filled with chattering students and jittery first years.

     Holding Dot's cat carrier close to her chest, happy to at least have the familiar presence of her feline companion with her, she slowly peered inside numerous compartments, a crimson blush of embarrassment coating her cheeks every time a group of older students looked at her curiously.

      Annabelle was dreading walking inside a full compartment, especially with the train already on its way to the castle—and kids having made friends already. But it did seem her wishes would finally be granted, when she spotted an almost empty compartment, only one dark skinned girl residing inside.

      Gently knocking on the door, glancing through the window, Annabelle gained the attention of the other first year girl before she carefully slide it open. "Excuse me." She started softly, "All the other compartments are full, do you mind if I sit here?"

     The girl blinked, before a wide smile spread on her face and she excitedly motioned for her to come inside, not even caring that the chocolate frog she had previously opened leaped away through the open space where Annabelle stood.

     "Um, sorry about that." Annabelle croaked, hoping the girl wouldn't get mad about it.

     "It doesn't matter." The girl chirped brightly, "It's the cards I really want."

      Annabelle smiled, relief flooding through her as she sat down across from the unknown girl, "I'm Annabelle Rose, but you can call me Belle for short."

     "Julia Carter." The girl stated enthusiastically, puffing her chest out and sticking her hand out for the girl to shake, nearly poking her eye out, "proud future Gryffindor resident."

      Annabelle chuckled at the girl's antics, "How do you know?"

     "My whole family has been Gryffindors since forever," Julia elaborated proudly, "My brothers were Gryffindor's too, but they already left school."