18 | DISPOSITION

18 | DISPOSITION

Greyson heard her name being called by Johanna, paired with Finnick's as well

Greyson heard her name being called by Johanna, paired with Finnick's as well. The latter was by her side as they walked towards the group, his hand delicately placed on the small of her back. He'd been doing that a lot lately; touching her in the smallest of ways. Whether it be holding her hand or simply laying his hand on her knee, he was always there. Greyson wasn't an idiot, that was for sure, and with the recent events, she could tell that Finnick just wanted her close to him. Maybe fearing that she'd slip away between his fingers like dry sand.

But now wasn't the time to reassure him that she wouldn't, because who knew what would happen in the next hours or days or prolonged weeks in the arena. And with some kind of slim chance; outside of the arena.

Standing amongst the group, Beetee made sure everyone was listening before speaking. He had a plan, Greyson thought inquisitively. It amazed her how brilliant Beetee was, she could only wish she was that smart.

"Where do the Careers feel safest? The jungle?" He questioned, fixing his glasses and pushing them up on the bridge of his nose.

Johanna answered him, "the jungle's a nightmare."

Subtly, Greyson felt Finnick's hand slide into her own, and timidly, she rubbed circles into the back of his hand quietly. She was so new to all of this romance and affection. The only affection she received was a long time ago, from her parents. Now they're gone.

"Probably here on the beach," Peeta said, who stood by Katniss with his machete.

"Then why are they not here?" Beetee asked.

"Because we are, we claimed it," Greyson said, pairs of eyes drifting over to her. She shifted her feet in the damp sand.

"And if we left, they would come." To Greyson, Beetee reminded her of a teacher, egging the answers out of students to make them think and believe that they were the ones who came up with the idea on their own, when actually, he was the successor behind this master plan.

"Or stay hidden in the tree line," Finnick said from beside her.

"Which in just over four hours will be soaked with water from the ten o'clock wave." Beetee concluded. "And what happens at midnight?"

"Lightning strikes that tree," Katniss was staring at Beetee with her catlike eyes, curiosity in them.

Curiosity killed the cat, Greyson thought unhumorously.

"Here's what I propose," Beetee started. "We leave the beach at dusk, we head to the lightning tree. That should draw them back to the beach. Prior to midnight, we then run this wire from the tree to the water. Anyone in the water, or on the damp sand, will be electrocuted." Beetee grabbed a handful of sand, crumbling it in his hand.