yours

SEBASTIAN LAY IN bed beside Reyna, his arms resting tightly around her. She was half asleep, but Sebastian couldn't bring himself to sleep at all. His mind was reeling over the words Chase had spoken earlier that day, and with each passing second they seemed to be torturing him worse and worse, as did the memory of the almost-incident all those years ago.

Sebastian squeezed Reyna tighter in his arms, feeling his need to protect her growing and growing. He knew he was being overly possessive with Reyna about Chase, but he couldn't help it no matter how hard he tried. His need to protect her from him was fueled solely by his memories and his love for her. He cared about Reyna more than anything in the world, and the thought of anything happening to her at the hands of another man scared him to death, though the thought of her leaving him because of the simple fact that he cared scared him just as bad.

Reyna leaving him was not something Sebastian wanted to think about, though it seemed to be all he could think about at this point. He knew Reyna wasn't a fan of the way he had been acting lately; Reyna wanted Sebastian to forget about the past and accept Chase as he was—a friend. And Chase was a friend to Sebastian, but he didn't want Chase to be a friend to Reyna. He had a bad feeling about the man, and although he was sure that feeling stemmed from everything that had happened between the two of them in high school, the feeling still existed, and it was enough not to want Reyna around him at all. He didn't care what he had to do to accomplish that either; he just hoped he didn't lose her in the process.

"Rey?" Sebastian spoke quietly in hopes that he wouldn't wake her if she were asleep.

Reyna stirred where she lay, however, craning her head to look up at Sebastian with tired green eyes. "Huh?"

"You know I love you, right?"

"Yeah, Sebastian," Reyna nodded, her brows furrowing at the sound of his words.

Sebastian let out a sigh and brought his hand up to run through her hair. "And you know I'd do anything for you, right? Like protect you."

"Please tell me this isn't about Chase," Reyna replied with an exasperated sigh; she was just about tired of listening to Sebastian cry over Chase and what had allegedly happened so many years ago. "I thought we had fun with him today? You even made more plans with him."

"Plans in which I'll probably end up cancelling."

"But why, Sebastian? What is your problem with him? What happened between you two that you can't seem to let go?" Reyna exclaimed as she sat up, running a hand through her tousled blonde hair and covering bare torso with the comforter.

Sebastian swallowed the lump in his throat and sat up as well. He knew exactly what had happened between the two of them—he remembered it clear as day—but it was not something he was going to tell Reyna, at least not yet, despite the fact she was the center of the situation in the first place. "I don't—it's nothing, Reyna. I just don't want him around us."

Reyna scoffed. "You don't want him around us or you don't want him around me?"

Sebastian's silence was enough of an answer to her question.

"I have known you my entire life, Sebastian Stan, yet I have never seen this part of you before—not with Leighton, not with Jennifer, not with Margarita, and not with me," Reyna began. "You're protective and possessive, but you've never been to such an extent before, and to be honest I can't stand it. There's a reason for it, though, and I want to know what it is. What aren't you telling me? Does this have to do with the little high school crush he had on me?"

It was more than just a little crush, was what he wanted to say, but he couldn't will himself to do so. All he could manage was a simple "Yep," which didn't exactly make Reyna feel better.

"You're thirty-four years old, Sebastian," Reyna sighed as she got off of the bed, leaving a bare Sebastian behind. "You've been out of high school for so long now, and it's really a shame that you can't leave what happened in high school in high school. Chase is obviously a different person than he used to be. I mean, he's not arrogant or a dick, and he's engaged, so acting the way that you are about all of this is kind of ridiculous. You have me, and you're not gonna lose me, especially not to him. He's not really my type."

"I just can't help myself when it comes to you, Reyna," Sebastian said quietly as he stood up, making his way over to Reyna. "It's just this bad feeling that I have about him."

Reyna frowned and closed the distance between the two of them, wrapping her arms around him and pulling him inside the comforter with her. "Don't you worry your pretty little head, Sebastian Stan; everything's gonna be okay. Chase is a friend, and that's all he'll ever be, okay?"

Sebastian let out a breath and wrapped his arms around her, pressing his forehead against her own. "I just love you so much; the thought of losing you to someone else scares me to death."

"You're not gonna lose me, Sebastian," Reyna reassured him, planting a gentle kiss onto his lips. "Not to him and not to anyone. I'm yours and I always will be."

"Trust me. . .I know," he responded before pressing his lips to hers in a loving, yet lustful kiss. "Mine."

"Yours."

_______________

ANOTHER SHORT AND SHITTY CHAPTER LOL SORRY