somebody else? // matty

You and Matty were going out with your parents tonight, it was the second time he'd be getting to meet them and you were still a bit nervous.
"Y/n, everything will be fine, they liked me before remember?" Matty comforted you while resting his chin on your shoulder.
"They liked you because I like you and they want me to be happy, they don't exactly appreciate the fact that your in a band and go on tour for half a year." You stated as you turned your head around to face him, his eyes looking down at his lap, because he knew it was unfair to not have you with him when he left.

Once you and Matty arrived at the restaurant the hostess led you to the table that your parents sat at, Matty holding your hand the way there and his grip tightened as you got closer.
"Y/n! You're finally here, I didn't think you'd ever show up!" Your mother stated as she hugged you.
"Sorry, mom. We got caught in traffic."
Your mom sat down and so did you and Matty, him sitting beside you.

Everything was going quite fine for the first fifteen minutes, your father would give the occasional disapproving glance but you shrugged it off.
That's when he came through the door and towards your table, your ex-boyfriend, Alex.
"Oh, Alex!" Your mother stood up to greet and give him a hug.
He smiled at your family and they all gave him their best smiles, then he saw you and his smile turned into more of a smirk than anything else, a cocky smirk at that.
To your dismay, he sat beside you.
"So y/n, how have you been?"
"Very good." You replied, trying to make as little talk with him as possible.
The rest of the night was full of occasional laughs from your father's ridiculous jokes and mostly you ignoring Alex's very bad attempts to flirt with you.
You could feel Matty's grip on your thigh begin to tighten and you looked over and his jaw was clenched, you knew he wanted to say something to Alex but you patted his arm, fights in a restaurant weren't good. Fights with your family in them were never good either.
"Are you seeing anyone, y/n?" He asked, eye's hopeful.
"Yes actually," you turn and tap Matty on the shoulder and he faces you, "this is Matty, my boyfriend."
Alex nodded, like the way you would nod at someone you didn't exactly like. Yet he still continued to flirt with you.

Matty leaned over and whispered in your ear, asking if you wanted to leave. You both stood up, "we have to leave, I have work in the morning and it's a long way back to Manchester from here."
Your parents gave you a hug each and told you to drive safe, they only gave Matty a handshake and told him goodnight and thanked him for coming.

Once you were back at apartment you both shared, Matty unlocked the door and went inside while you followed.

"I'm sorry about tonight, Matty. I wish they would be more respectful and I didn't even know they would invite Alex."
It was probably to "make me change my mind."

You walked over to the couch where Matty was sitting, he grabbed you suddenly and pressed his lips onto yours, kissing you passionately. One of your hands found their way to his neck while the other tangled in his mass of curls. He moved away from your mouth and began kissing down your jawline, then he slowly made his way to your neck, softly kissing it and then he stopped.
"What's wrong?" Your eyes were concerned because he usually doesn't stop like that.
He sighed, "would you go back to him, if I left or wasn't around, would you?"
Your eyebrows furrowed at the question, of course you wouldn't, Alex cheated on you and treated you like a toy he could play with whenever he felt like it.
"Matty you know I would never go back to him, I couldn't leave you."
He twirled his thumbs, "seeing him there tonight I thought that you might go back to him because I can't be with you all the time, and that fucking kills me, y/n. I want to be here with you everyday when you wake up so I can look at you and tell you how much I adore you, to be here if something goes wrong and I can comfort you. You mean so much to me, I've never been this happy and I fucking mean that. I'm just scared one day while I'm gone I'll wake up and see you with somebody else."
You moved closer to him and wrapped your arms around him, pulling him into a hug. He lifted your face to his and kissed you softly, like he was afraid you might shatter into a million pieces.
He stared into your eyes for a moment, then he said something you'd been waiting seven months for him to say.
"I love you, y/n." He paused, "actually, no, I'm in love with you. I've loved you ever since I first saw you and I love you more each day I'm with you."
You were shedding a few tears now which Matty wiped away with his thumb, "I love you too, Matty."

[ A/N: okay so this was probably shit but idk I've had this idea in my head for like three days now and I finally got around to writing it out but I'm going to try and be more frequent with these imagines n things so I hope you like them :) ]