Chapter 7: Dinner and a Show

Audrey knew she couldn't stay out with George very long but she was having a good time roaming around the city with him. Unlike the others, George didn't make her tie his shoes, or fetch him food, or make her carry all of his things. He simply let her enjoy the day just as he was. They stopped at little stores and looked around; window shopping for the fun of it. They even stopped at a book store where they talked about what they liked to read and what they didn't. George even found that there were places in the store to buy journals and seeing as Audrey liked to write, he thought it would be nice to secretly get her a black one and have the cover engraved with her name in beautiful gold cursive lettering while she was occupied looking at the books. George decided that he would surprise her with it as a thank you for all the hard work she'd been doing for the boys later on that night.

Though George didn't talk much, he began opening up to Audrey a bit. He told her about his childhood and how Paul introduced him to John so that he could play in their band. Audrey enjoyed listening to George talk, mostly because this was the most she'd gotten out of him since they'd met. She found that he was just as charming and funny as the others. The only thing that set him apart was that he held a purity about him; he was almost child like, with a big heart and caring personality. George could crack jokes and genuinely make Audrey laughed. It was surprising to her because George had never come off as someone with such a great sense of humour. Though still, there we're moments where he'd just stay to himself. Audrey thought perhaps he was thinking, which most musicians she met did. They'd talk one minute and the next they'd drift off to some place in their head, thinking of music or maybe something pertaining to just that.

Audrey glanced down at her wrist watch as her and George strolled along the streets of London. "We should get back." She told him, "Brian says you've got a press conference to go to. Besides, I've got to get ready myself." George raised a curious eyebrow and grinned. "Get ready for what?" Audrey blushed and returned a grin. "Well, I'm going out to dinner with Paul tonight." She admitted. George was just as confused as Audrey was when Paul had asked her out. His thick eyebrows furrowed and he looked out to the view of the street in front of him. He didn't like it. He felt suspicious of it. When George didn't reply, Audrey spoke up again. "He asked me in the lobby this morning... I'm not sure if he was serious or not." George nodded, eyes looking to the ground now. "Do you... like him?" George asked softly. "Why, I like all of you..." Audrey replied. George shook his head and sighed. "No, but do you like Paul?" He repeated. Audrey paused for a moment. She had to think about the question because she didn't even know herself. It was interesting... Paul was rude to her and treated her terribly and yet he seemed so sincere on wanting to take her out. Audrey hadn't thought about how she felt towards any of them because well - she didn't have the time. Regardless of how they treated her, she did want the group of boys to be fond of her. Not in a romantic sense but in the sense of respect. They did as they pleased with her and she still held a smile on her face. Finally, she answered George. "I don't know..." she said honestly. She did partially enjoy the contact their lips had made because Paul did have nice lips, but he was a royal pain.

George didn't say anything after that; nothing at all. He went back to the way he was before, just keeping to himself and not even looking at Audrey. The American girl wrapped her arm around George's - making him shyly grin - and lead him back to the hotel so he could leave with the others for his press conference.

----------------------------

Audrey didn't go to the press conference as Brian found her need to be there useless. The Beatles would be too occupied with the press to ask Audrey to run errands for them. So, she went back to her hotel room and tried to pick out something nice to wear. Dresses and shoes were being thrown all over her hotel room. She couldn't decide what to wear and as the time counted down, she was becoming more and more nervous. She still wasn't sure how she felt, but she hadn't been out on a date since she was in school and it give her butterflies to think that she would be out with someone at all.