six

"Tsai Kubo," Namjoon muttered, "I want to know more about you." 

Namjoon and Tsai were back on the train going home, the old smelly man now replaced with a short woman on Namjoon's right. The ride was comfortable and quiet aside from the sound of the subway train going on the tracks.

"What do you want to know?" Tsai asked, looking up from her phone.

"Anything," Namjoon replied, "tell me whatever you want."

Tsai sighed, pulling her jacket tighter onto her body, as Namjoon gently moved some of her hairs away from her face. "I'm tired."

"Of what?" Namjoon questioned.

"No, I mean, I'm sleepy," Tsai muttered, laying her head back, "and I want to eat. I want Thai food. I'll get it tomo-"

"We'll get it tonight," Namjoon interrupted, "because I've been wanting the same thing."

Tsai turned her head away from Namjoon to hide the redness spreading across her face. Namjoon simply chuckled, knowing that Tsai was blushing at the fact he had offered to get her food. 

"I'm an independent woman, I can take care of myself," Tsai mumbled, glancing at Namjoon quickly before darting her eyes in a different direction.

"I want to spoil you, that's all," Namjoon replied, "is that bad?"

"No, it's sweet," Tsai assured him. 

Namjoon reached into jacket pocket, opening his cigarette box. He gently begins to pull a cigarette, and Tsai places her hand on top of his. 

"Namjoon, we are on a bus, and there's a middle aged woman next to you," she warned him. "You don't know if she has asthma or anything, and you don't want to find out. Can't you please just not smoke while we are out today?" 

Namjoon sighed, putting the cigarette pack back in his pocket. "Our stop is coming, are you ready?"

Tsai nodded, sitting up more erectly. "That woman from your job, Ju, I think her name was. She's lovely, tell her I think she's pretty. I didn't say it in person."

Namjoon smiled, looking at the ground for a second. "You scared the shit out of her when you were yelling at me, you know. She wanted to call the police."

"You literally scarred a poor man out because of your attitude. Where did that even come from?"

"He was being too touchy, too comfortable," Namjoon rolled his eyes, "let's not complain here, Tsai, please."

"With who? Me? Why are you worried about him talking to me?" Tsai chuckled, rolling her eyes, "If you haven't noticed, I need some friends. I don't need you scaring off everybody who's talking to me."

"Does talking require holding hands and wiping tears from eyes? No, Tsai, that was too much, really," Namjoon shook his head. 

"We're not even dating, why do you ca-"

"When we're together," Namjoon interrupted, "you belong to me, I belong to you. If I sense something bad about someone, then just go with it. I'll do the same. Got it?"

Tsai closed her mouth, letting Namjoon take her hand and lead the two of them out of the train once it stopped. 

"Since when can I belong to you? Who allowed you to talk to me like this? You have some nerve, you know? You can really be a pain in the ass, sometimes, Kim Namjoon."

Namjoon only smiled, listening to Tsai's rant as he walked them to the Thai restaurant.

  ♂  

Tsai and Namjoon sit in the restaurant, Tsai spinning the straw in her cup, as Namjoon eyes her silently. 

"I'm still mad at you," Tsai confirms. 

"I know," Namjoon chuckled, "it's not that hard to tell, Tsai Kubo."

Their food is put in front of them and Tsai quickly begins to eat, letting Namjoon watch her eat mouthfuls of rice and beef. She doesn't care she looks like a slob, she just wants to finish and go.

"Are you that desperate to leave me?" Namjoon asked, picking up his fork. 

"You've pissed me off a lot, you know?" Tsai announced, "Plus, you did it for no reason." 

Namjoon sighs, glancing behind Tsai before standing from the table. "I'm going to smoke, enjoy your meal." 

Tsai feels a little upset as Namjoon turns and walks out of the building, his food untouched. Tsai forces herself to believe she's right and she should stay true to herself, but the boy paid for their food and just left. 

"Why are you alone?" A voice whispers behind her. 

Tsai turns seeing a male behind her. His hair is dark shade of orange, which contrasts with his tan skin, and he wears all black. He gives Tsai a small smile as she clears her throat.

"Why do you care?" Tsai asked, raising her eyebrow.

"I saw how your date got up and left. He's an asshole, isn't he?" the male smiles, sitting down where Namjoon was previously sitting. "You don't mind me sitting here, do you? I'm Jimin, what's your name, darling?"

"Leave, I'd rather eat for two than talk to you," Tsai smiled, "I'm not interested." 

"Sweetheart, I don't think you have a choice," Jimin chuckled. "Look around, you and I are the only ones in this dimly lit restaurant, and your date is gone. I'm just here to keep com-"

Tsai got up, grabbing her bag. "Looks like I have to be the one to leave." She smiles, taking another bite of her food before walking in the direction of the exit.

Jimin grabs at her hand, tugging her a little close. "Don't be like this, honey, we're just talking."

"God, I don't want to. Get your hands off me, do I look like I want to talk to a-"

"Let go."

Namjoon's hand rests atop of Jimin's as he wraps a hand around Tsai's waist, looking Jimin in the eye. Tsai, for a moment, wants to just let Namjoon hold her forever, as she feels her heartbeat return to its normal pace. 

Namjoon yanks Jimin's hand off, shoving him away. Jimin only scoffs, looking at the girl in front of him. 

"I was just trying to keep your date company. How could you leave a pretty girl like her by hers-"

Namjoon's fist comes to Jimin's jaw, and just like that, the boy shuts his mouth and staggers back, not wanting anymore.

"Leave," Namjoon states, and Jimin glares, before walking off, not wanting to start anything else.

Tsai is embarrassed, unable to say a word when she realizes she couldn't take care of herself. If Namjoon wasn't there, she could've been taken out of this place and not seen agai-

"Don't think about it too much," Namjoon interrupts her train of thought, "did you really think I would just leave you alone when I saw that guy eyeing you from behind? I was looking through the window the whole time." 

Tsai looks at him, her eyes flashing embarrassment and slight anger, mostly towards herself. 

"Wherever you are, I will be there, because I belong to you, you belong to me."