Chapter 9

Alex POV

I stand dumbfounded in my driveway. I groan out of frustration and make my way over to my front door. As I'm fumbling with my keys the front door opens with my father wearing a stern expression.

"Hey~ dad, how's it going? You look good" I say while avoiding any eye contact. "Oh, thank you Alex. Come inside, we'll talk over dinner. I heard the most interesting story today" he states while motioning for me to go inside.

I begrudgingly walk in and close the door, making my way to the table. It's times like this I wish my friends weren't so weird. Who actually calls someone else's dad and say they were just asked out?

I look at the Chinese take-out sitting on the table and smile. "Aren't you supposed to be eating like, some green detox muscle max smoothe or something?" I ask with a laugh. He gave me a pointed look "Its called a cheat day." He stated. "Besides, let's talk about the story I heard on the news today." I look up from my sweet and sour chicken.

"You see this guy went to a football game, saw his crush, and ran to him and kissed him. I was like 'what the fuck is going on who the hell is this?'. Then the news lady said 'Then he was asked to be the crush's boyfriend.' I was just thinking wow ok this is going really fast. Then after the game the boy gave the crush his number. And a week later, you know what happend?"

I look at him with aggravation. "What?"

He looked at me with a worried expression "The boy died because he didn't know anything about the guy and he was a murderer." I set down my chicken and just stare at him. He sighs "What I'm trying to say Alex, is just be careful. I'm not going to tell you what to do with your life but if anything happens you talk to me. Okay?"

"Yes, dad." I grab my food and continue eating. "Oh!" I was slightly startled but the sudden sound my dad made. "What?" I ask with a hint of boredom, can I just eat. "On the news today- don't give me that look this really happend. A girl broke into the zoo while it was closed, to get Pokémon. All I'm saying is this game is getting out of control."

I laugh at the thought of girl climbing the fence to the zoo and going to jail for Pokémon Go.

~

As I'm laying down on my bed getting ready to sleep my phone makes a sound signalling that I have a text. I reach over to grab it expecting to find another meme Jessica sent me, except it wasn't her.

Hey it's Anthony how are you?

I would be lying if I said the text didn't make me smile. I waited a minute thinking off a reply.

Good I was just about to go to bed.

Was that bad? Did it make it seem like I didn't want to talk to him? Nah, I'm just overthinking it.

Oh sorry I'll message you tomorrow then goodnight.

Yeah, I totally made it seem like I didn't want to talk to him. Ugh, I'm too tired for this.

~~~~~~

I KNOW SUPER SHORT AND HORRIBLE! AND IVE BEEN GONE SO LONG YOU PROBABLY THOUGHT I WAS DEAD!!

I SO SORRY FOR HOW RANDOM AND SHITTY THIS WAS!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME, I HAD NO REAL PLAN FOR THIS CHAPTER!