Chapter Sixteen: Why Should I Try With You?

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
"What exactly happened to you and Grayson?" Bennett asked, as he helped me take out the cookies from the oven.

"Why ask that?" I asked, not wanting to answer the question.

It's been about two weeks since we've talked to or heard from Grayson. He's been at school but has been avoiding us. Parker and Bennett are the ones who've been keeping me company, and comforting me when I cry.

The two, of course, don't know about what had happened, but that doesn't stop them from persisting to continue to get it out of me. It was the Thursday and, I realized Parker and Bennett's attempts to get it out of me will increase due to the vacation we have from school.

"Can we guess?" Parker asked.

"Eh.." I shrugged. Honestly, I couldn't care less.

"We'll take that as a yes." Parker said, looking at Bennett like he was crazy.

I turned to Bennett to see him, caressing his invisible beard, "So it has to do with Grayson-"

"-and it was at night." Parker continued.

"You're not going to get it." I sighed, getting the frosting we bought for the cookies.

We were currently making holiday cookies then we realized it was only November, but who cares? It's never too early for Christmas.

"So you're in denial that we'd get the answer." Parker observed, eating the left over cookie dough that was on the bowl.

"Correct." I said, but then it occurred to me they had so much time, "Wait..."

"Hm..." Bennett said, continuing to caress his 'beard,' "It's either he said he hated you and never wanted to see you again, but that wouldn't make sense unless..."

Parker's eyes lit up as if the cookie dough gave his brain juice to think, or salmonella, "Oh my god. He didn't." Parker squealed, looking at me.

"What? Parker what?" Bennett asked, wanting to know exactly what Parker was thinking.

"Our Grayson's growing up, Bennett!" Parker said, sighing dreamily into the distance.

It took a moment for Bennett to catch Parker's drift, "No..." Bennett said, staring at me then Parker, "No!" Bennett squealed.

Both boys squealed fangirling, "Like... O-M-G, Brianna!" Parker said, impersonating a girl that had just saw her favorite band member -cough- Calum -cough, cough- Hood.

"I-K-R, Pansy." Bennett said, fanning himself.

They looked at each other then yelled, "I ship! Baison for the win!"

"Oh my god." I said, dying of laughter.

"So it is true?"

"Is it true that you two are secretly preteens trapped in two young adults bodies? Because if so I wouldn't be surprised after what had just happened." I giggled as I made a smiley face on my circle cookie.

"So it is true Grayson kissed you?"

"Wait so you guys are actually teenage girls trapped in a young adult male body?" We all stared at each other, confused.