Chapter 8: Vengeful Pride

With the sun now bringing a new day in it's bright sunny morning, the Beatles had gotten up and got themselves dressed in their signature suits. Today was the day they were going to be on TV for the first time and it would be a busy day indeed. Cameras, fans, the whole nine yards.
George was looking at himself in the mirror in the bathroom, fixing his tie and collar. He kept thinking about Audrey and how she'd shouted at him. He couldn't think of why she'd act that way towards him. After all, he was the only that was nice to her. Paul was rude and cruel and he got a date, George was sweet and even got her a gift but all he got in return was hurtful words and a journal thrown at him. He never really understood women anyway.

In the sitting room, John and Ringo laughed over morning tea. They sat at the couch, talking about how last night at the restaurant couldn't have gone better. "Maybe now she'll lay off." Ringo snorted. John laughed before taking a sip of his hot tea and saying, "Better yet, I hope she quits." John retorted. Ringo smirked and took another sip of his tea before grabbing the morning paper from the coffee table in front of them. Paul walked out of his room looking dreadful. His face was pale,  his hair was a bit messy, and he still hadn't even buttoned up his white dress shirt or put his blazer on to complete his suit. He walked out into the sitting room to meet John and Ringo. "Is there anymore tea?" He asked. John took one look at Paul and his eyes widened. "What in all that's holy happened to you, Paul?" John asked in surprise, causing Ringo to look over curiously. Paul sighed. "I couldn't sleep," he said, "I tried all night. I even took something to help me sleep and nothing..." It was guilt that was eating him up. He knew what they did last night was wrong on so many levels, yet he did it anyway. He felt terribly awful and he deserved it.

Paul walked into the kitchenette to check if there was anymore tea. Meanwhile, John got up with his cup in his hand and joined Paul. "What's the matter with you?" He asked Paul. Paul sighed again as he fished out a cup from the cabinet and poured himself a cup of tea from the steaming kettle. "What we did last night was wrong, John," Paul simply stated, "We embarrassed her." John shrugged carelessly. "That was the plan, Paul, remember? We embarrass her and then she leaves and we've got no more nanny to worry about."

Paul shook his head. "I know, John. But - You should've seen her face..."

John smirked and said, "I did. That's what made it so funny."

Paul looked up at John with sad eyes. He truly felt guilty for pulling the stunt. "Come off it, John," Paul told his band mate, "You know it was wrong." John sipped his tea and then set the cup on the counter, folding his arms over his chest. "Alright," John admitted, "It was a bit much, but she had it coming. You even said so yourself when we were planning the whole thing." It was true and Paul knew it. While they'd been planning ways to get Audrey out of their hair, Paul said that "whatever we do, she has it coming." Paul remembered the words and regretted them now. "I know, John... I know." Paul took a sip of his tea. His stomach felt sick and so he just set the cup down next to John's.

"John, we hurt her. We went too far. We've got to apologize."

"No!" John protested, "If we apologize than she'll just end up staying and we're not havin' some bird tellin' us what to do and how to do it, Paul! Look at you..." John shook his head disapprovingly, "You've gone soft. What're ya gonna tell me you actually like her, too?" Paul opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He lowered his head and sighed. John took this as answering his question as yes; yes Paul did like Audrey. "You can't be serious?" John scoffed. "We're finally getting rid of her and you want to back out, is that it?" Paul remained silence, picking up his cup again and letting the steam of the tea hit his face. John rolled his eyes. John, personally, couldn't believe that Paul actually felt sorry. As for John himself, he didn't have a heart at all and would do what he had to to get Audrey gone.