s i x t e e n

Song of The Day : Lush Life by Zara Larsson.

Comment, vote and share!

S i x t e e n

"You know, as much as I don't want to admit this, I had fun," I said, smiling slightly. He grinned and his eyes twinkled mischievously.

"I told you, right? I told you you are going to have the time of your life. I mean who wouldn't. You were with the hottest guy in London. Any girl would kill to be in your shoes," He said, smirking a little. Of course. I forgot he was so full of himself.

"Okay, okay, captain cocky," I called out to him, my tone teasing.

"On a serious note, though, I never knew you were this fun actually. I just thought you were some creepy stalker who knew my name," I said teasingly, though my tone etched with curiosity.

"Yeah, well, I just like to know things about people from my grade," he said, probably embarrassed that I caught onto it.

"But whatever, I believe you really are something Nolan Moore," I said, the smile still not wiping off my face.

"Funny how I was going to say the same thing," he said, his grin widening and my eyes.

"So yeah, this is it. See you tomorrow, Nolan," I said a few minutes later, breaking the awkward silence.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow,' he replied, but his eyes still not showing signs of looking away anytime soon.

I waved at him and turned around, but before I could go any further, a hand latched around my forearm, crashing my into the hard chest of the owner. His arms engulfing me and I froze. That definitely wasn't what I was expecting.

"I know you were crying when I came in to pick you up. I just didn't want to push you into telling me. But just so you know, I am always here for you," He whispered softly, his breath fanning my ears and nape of my neck. I shivered involuntarily. He had an effect on me. And I really hoped he didn't know that.

I pulled back but I didn't say anything. But somehow, I believed, my eyes said said it all. They were, I hoped, grateful. They had pooled with gratitude. And he just smiled because maybe he saw how grateful I was. And before anyone of us could say anything, a loud booming voice echoed from behind me.

"Cadence! Oye! What are you doing with that tosser? It's getting late, come get in," barked off the annoying voice of Nick's. I looked at the position I and Nolan were in, we might have pulled away from the hug, but his arms were still wrapped around my waist. Nolan looked at me and sighed. He seemed tired and exhausted.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said as I sighed and silently gave him the signal to let me go but apparently he didn't get it because he didn't let me go. He just stared at me. His gaze was so intense and unnerving, it had me fidgeting.

"Moore!" Snapped Nick trying to get his attention and it apparently worked. Nolan snapped out of his supposed dream and immediately released me. He just smiled sheepishly at me and a small blush covered his cheeks.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow, " he said, awkwardly as he stepped away and sat on his bike. But he didn't touch the clutch. He just sat there staring at me. I raised my brows at him, forgetting that Nick was still beside me.

"I am not leaving until I see you get inside, safe and sound," he said as he threw a sideways glance at Nick. Nick just looked plain confused. Yeah, well, that's what happens when you are just a dumb jock. I just nodded my head and gripped Nick's arm, walking down the stoned pathway.

A few moments later we reached the main door and I turned around. True to his words, Nolan was still there staring at me. I could feel his intense gaze even meters away. I smiled and waved at him and motioned him to leave. Even from far off, I could feel he rolled his eyes at me while while grinning. But a few seconds later, he drove off, the sound of engine revving up filled the neighborhood.