Chapter Five

*giggles like a fool* We've gotten past the 200 reads mark! Thank you so much! I'm so giddy right now. I've had a stupid grin on my face for a week too.
Thank you EllenFairyBlue4 for nominating this story in the Fantasy and Humor categories for the Fiction Awards!

Alright, let me give you a heads up. I'm super tired but felt like writing. It's not the best, so I'll come back to revise it. Trust me this chapter needs some TLC.

The gods had exploded. The stars had exploded. The millions of particles containing the magic of Glamaia exploded. It was as if the end of time had come at a time where no end was needed, when all that was desired was soon to be lost. It was as if there was no need for this plane to exist anymore, that the gods have grown tired of their creations and sought to destroy and recreate their current one.

No one ever gives me credit for being the philosophical one in the family.

Either way, when the heat of a falling flame scorched one delicate cheek, Amancio's horse reared in fright, causing the sketchpad to catch flame and fall to the ground, soon to be a pile of ash. His steed stormed toward the forest-- which he was under the spell to think it was a cliff-- screaming, "I'M NOT READY TO DIE," as he entered---

And disappeared.

It could have been a trick of light. But with all the light of the orange flames hungrily licking the air, it would have had to have been a pretty damn good trick.

One moment he was there, trying to untangle his hands from the reigns which had twisted like a toddler in his hands. The next, he and his caroling was gone as if he were a wisp of the wind.

Maybe he really, really felt the Bern. (all pun intended)

Had I been a mere spectator immune to the assault fired onto me, I would have doubled over laughing on Yani who would have yawned at the antics of her mistress's knight.

But no, I was not a spectator nor was Yani yawning. In fact, she had gone into a panic, and was lifting her front hooves off the ground, neighing as she tried to throw me off. She was terrified, and I didn't blame her. I would have been scared to pieces too if I weren't a smart ass.

"Well, it looks like the forecast missed something," I comment while I hang onto my chocolate mare.

Hamilton was not amused. His horse, the only calm one, had rushed towards my aid, pulling the poor equestrian towards the direction Amancio had gone. To his supposed hill.

I saw the gears turning in his head as his shrewd eyes ran across the path before us, seeing something I was not. I yelped at the burning sensation on my arms, my fingers bloody and blackened. The thickness of the cloak and the lack of flames on it was enough to tell me it was enchanted-- no doubt Daniel's alternate plan, since he's the one who gave it to me-- but my bare fingers wouldn't be spared.

Bloody hell. The sky is burning.

Hamilton's hair was singed, parts of his bare forearms burning, but that didn't stop him. He opened his mouth to speak when a flame almost fell into his mouth.

He wasn't a flame eater nor a circus man, so he swerved to the left to avoid getting his pretty face burned. It didn't help that he pulled me with him, and I hissed as my cloak slipped further to expose my hands which were now burned.

"Bollocks," Hamilton murmured. "This wasn't supposed to happen yet!"

"What the hell do you mean?" I duck from getting hit by a flame drop. Poor Yani wasn't spared, her glossy mane singed and a few burns on her body. The poor girl shivered and I felt like throwing my arms around her and soothing each hurt. She didn't deserve this.