022 | NISHINOYA YŪ

one shot is titled— INSECUREedited: 07/20/2020

one shot is titledINSECURE
edited: 07/20/2020

You sat at the edge of Yū's bed, watching your boyfriend fixing up his hair, a few strands down as he wasn't finished with fixing it yet.

"Yū-kun, do I look good?" You questioned and stood up.

He arched an eyebrow and whipped his head around seeing you wearing his jersey. You were taller than him so the end of the jersey is up to your belly button, the jersey was tight when you wore it. You knew that wearing his precious jersey would make him happy.

The Libero shrugged and went back to fix his hair. "The shirt is tight." He commented. "You should eat less." He poked out his tongue in concentration.

You cracked a smile although the smaller boy had offended you and also made you insecure. You walked towards him and slapped his back playfully. "Gosh Yū-kun, your joke isn't funny."

He heaved a deep sigh and rubbed his throbbing back. "Can you please stop interrupting me? And no, it's not a joke." He stated.

You chuckled and turned your heels around, picking up all your stuff in your boyfriend's room. "See you later at school!" You waved at the teen before closing the door.

You went down the flight of stairs with a gloomy expression. Yū's mother noticed it and rubbed your back.

"Don't worry dear, Yū-chan is just stressed about what happened in their match against Dateko. I'm sure he'll come back to his senses." His mother grinned, assuring you.

You just nodded. "Thank you, Nishinoya-san." Before you left the house and took a small glance at his window.

The next day, you asked your mother to prepare a light lunch. Your mother was curious. You tend to eat a lot since you have tons of work to do, being the Vice-President of the Student Council, it is no joke. You always had to organize every programs in school along with the President.

You bid your mother goodbye and opened the door, revealing a very impatient Yū with a look of irritation drawn on his face.

"Couldn't you get any faster?!" He complained. "I'm late for morning volleyball practice because of you." He spat, blaming you and grabbed your wrist, dragging you to Karasuno.

On the way, he said many things that made you more and more insecure during the journey.

"Noya-san did that?!" Ryūnosuke's eyes widened, seeing the bruise on your wrist.

You dismissed your unbruised hand to the air. "It's fine Ryū, he's just stressed."

The boy sat down, placing his hands on his desk and rested his head on top. "But still, he shouldn't have done that..." He mutters, staring at the bruise in your wrist. He didn't know that Yū would be a violent boyfriend, but after all, people change. But Ryūnosuke doesn't want to see you getting hurt often.

"Yū-kun!" You ran through the halls with a huge smile, the boys around you turned to gape at you. He halted to a stop, his hands in his pockets.

"Happy Valentines Day!" You handed him a box of chocolates.

The libero clicked his tongue and lifted the chocolate from your hands. "I don't need it." He scowled and threw it to a guy who had interest in your home-made chocolate. "Stay away from me, you fatty." He growled before turning his heels and walked away, leaving you alone. You started to cry, seeing how cold he turned. The girls around you tried to comfort you, while the boys tried finding Yū so that they would send a punch to his face for doing that to the kind and beautiful girl.

Sugawara Kōshi passed by the hallway of the Second-years after helping his Sensei do some work and noticed a crowd in the hallway. The motherly Senpai grew curious and walked into the crowd. There, he saw you crying.

"Excuse me!" Kōshi gently pushed away the girls and held you in his arms. "Are you okay?" He asked you, wiping away all your tears.

"Nishinoya threw away the chocolate she gave."

Kōshi held a blank face, knowing what happened to Yū which made him act like that.

"You're going to be fine." He rubbed your back assuringly, whispering assuring words to you.

"Were over Nishinoya-san."

You walked away from him as he kept calling out for your name, reaching a hand but he can't seem to reach you. You were so close, yet so far away.

"I'm sorry! Please, forgive me!"

You stopped at his pleads. "I'll forgive you but nothing will stay the same. Act like nothing happened between us."

With that, you walked away leaving him all guilty and heartbroken.

author's note:

Hey guys, I will delete the other one shots I find really cringey and ugly, so notice a few changes with the read count.