Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Charlie are you listening to me?" I was pulled out of my thoughts.

"Yea sorry! I'm just a little distracted today" I smiled apologetically.

"It's ok your just normally so on top of everything it's not like you to be so out of it" Michelle was my film partner. She was good about calling you out when she felt it was necessary.

"I'm fine really. " I smiled. I wasn't though. Liam and I's argument from this morning was still fueling my rage. A part of me felt like he had a bruised ego that's why he was doing this. The more I thought about it though I was starting to feel like he was just being an asshole because he could.

"CHARLIE!" Again I was snapped out of my thoughts by an irritated Michelle. She was starting to get on my nerves. It was only noon but I was done for the day.

"Ok I think I have to much on my mind. I'm going to go home for the day" I offered her a fake smile. She looked shocked at my response to her nagging, before I quickly exited the class.

I texted Harry.

Charlie:
I don't feel like being here :(

Harry:
What's wrong love? Want me to come get you?

Charlie:
Please :(

Harry:
On my way :)

I sat on a bench outside my lecture hall. I wanted to cry. The situation with Liam making me feel physically sick.

"Hey Charlie right?" I looked up seeing a familiar face.

"Zayn" He smiled. "Yea it's me. How are you?" He took a seat next to me.

"Good! How's Harry?" He looked concerned.

"He's ok much better than this weekend that's for sure" he nodded.

"I didn't know you went to NYU" I noticed the books in his hand.

"Yea I'm kind of a super senior" he laughed. "To much partying the freshman year and now I'm a year late on graduating"

"Ahh that sucks but at least your almost done" I smiled.

"Yea it's a good feeling. Are you ok?" His look of concern was back.

"Yea I'm fine. Just got a lot on my mind" I half smiled.

"Oh ok well I guess I'll see you around" he started to stand.

"Yea are you coming over this weekend? Harry is having a bunch of people over to watch the game."

"Oh yea Niall told me I might stop through. Will you be there? My girlfriend will be in town so she might come" He smiled.

"Yea I'll be around." I smiled. "Well I will see you then?"

He nodded and started to walk away.

"Hey Zayn?" He turned back.

"At the party...did Harry get all of his own drinks?" He looked a little uncomfortable with my question.

"I don't really want to get in the middle of all this Charlie.."

"Please I won't say anything I just want to know" he sighed running his fingers through the front of his hair.

"Liam got all of Harry's drinks when I was with them" he gave me a sympathetic look before walking away.

My heart dropped. Liam had lied. Again. I jumped when my phone went off.

"Hello" I huffed into the phone.

"I'm here love" I heard Harry breath into the phone.

"Ok here I come" I hung up.

I walked away from the building. Approaching Harry's truck.

He got out running around to my side to open the door.

"You don't have to do that" I smiled.

"Well I want to so shut up and deal with it" he teased.

"So charming!" He leaned down kissing me.

"I try" he closed the door.

He climbed back in and pulled off. He took my hand in his. Bringing the back of it to his lips.

"Harry can I tell you something"

"Anything" he held my hand on his lap.

"I don't think you should be friends with Liam" I said barley above a whisper.

"Why?...I know we didn't get along at first but he's cool" he looked at me.

"I just don't trust him anymore and I don't think you should"

"Why what makes you think he can't be trusted?" His tone was a little more serious.

"I talked to Zayn he said Liam got all your drinks on Saturday"

Harry started laughing.

"What's so funny?" I looked at him slightly annoyed that he wasn't taking me serious.

"Love are you trying to say Liam roofied me?" He was holding back laughter.

"Harry it's not funny I'm being serious" I frowned.

"Babe why would Liam do that? He might of gotten my drinks but it came from a keg someone probably spiked the whole thing" he shook his head.

"I get that but it was his party he must have known about it" I stated a little harshly.

"Char why would Liam want to roofie me?" He sighed. "I was afraid of him trying to steal you not kill me"

"I-I don't know" I lied. I didn't want to tell him about what happen with Liam that night. Harry would flip. As much as I want to see him kick Liam's ass I don't want to risk Harry getting hurt or in trouble.

"I think you need to relax." He kissed the back of my hand again." Besides I would destroy Liam if I found out he had anything to do with me being drugged. Surly he wouldn't be stupid enough to hang around me after almost killing me" he laughed.

I wasn't worried about Liam being stupid. I was worried about him being crazy.

"So Lo and Niall are fighting" he sighed.

"What now?" I questioned. They had been fighting since Saturday.

"I'll let her tell you. All that girl talk isn't my thing and I already had an earful" he rolled his eyes.

"Great something to look forward too" sarcasm laced my voice.

"So about last night" he smirked.

I immediately felt the pressure in my stomach just at the mention of last nights events.

"Uh huh" I looked out the window.

"You can't tell my girlfriend.." My head snapped in his direction.

The smirk held it's place.

"Excuse me?" I narrowed my eyes was this one of his games?

"She told me that we couldn't have sex last night so I went else where to find it"

It was.

"Well I'll try to keep your secret but I can't promise" I played along.

"Hmmm well I might have to find away to keep you quiet" he raised an eyebrow.

"And how is that?" I smiled.

"Oh baby you don't want to know" he bit his lip. Clearly a scenario playing in his mind.

"Well she's a lucky girl?"

"Is she?" He looked at me.

"She is but not for long..."

"Why is that?" He smiled

"Because I think I want you all to myself" I smirked.

"Well that might be a problem" he focused back on the road fighting a smile.

"Why" I laughed.

He pulled to a stop at a red light.

"Because I think I love her.." Green eyes searched mine.

I didn't know what to say. Love? We had only been together a month if that. It happened fast like this with Alex as well. I looked away from his burning gaze. The light turned and he started to go.

"Not the reaction I was hoping for" he let out a nervous laugh.

"I'm sorry I just. I don't know what to say.." I had a new fascination with my hands. I picked at the skin around my nails.

"Well how do you feel? ...about me.." He was focused on the road again. I peeked through the curtain of my hair. His bottom lip was pulled between his teeth.

"I just..I don't want to move to fast.."

"We aren't! I just have stronger feelings I guess" he sighed.

"It's not that I don't have similar feelings....it's just my last relationship was a horrible mess and I don't want that for us...I was planning to be single through the rest of my time here- "

"But I'm not your last boyfriend Charlie...I wouldn't do whatever it is that he did" he looked at me.

"He said he loved me too Harry... don't make promises you may not keep" I gave him a sympathetic smile.

"Love I swear I'm not like him." He held my hand in his lap again.

"I know..but he wasn't the same when we first started dating either..he changed." I looked at our hands.

"Well he was a fool. Give me some credit and time and I'll prove that I'm not like him" he smiled.

I couldn't help the blush taking over my cheeks.

"Home sweet home" he smiled.

"I guess I should check on Lo"

"Yea good luck with that" he kissed my forehead before getting out of the car. I entered my apartment. The sounds of Adele was in the air.

"Lo?" I walked into the living room. She was laying on the couch. Tissue balls all around her. Her phone sat a few feet away on the floor pandora was pulled up.

"Honey what's going on?" I sat my bag down.

"He broke up with me" she mumbled before tears started streaming down her face.

"What? Why?" Harry didn't tell me it was this bad. Lo and Niall were so disgustingly perfect for each other I almost couldn't stand being in a room with them.

"He said he couldn't be with someone that didn't trust him" she let out a wail sure to wake the dead.

"Ok what happen tell me everything" I sat in the recliner across from the couch. Tucking my feet under me.

"Monday we went to dinner. He had taken his jacket off and when he went to the bathroom his phone went off. I was going through the pockets when I found white lacy panties"

I gasped. Niall cheated? What?

"He cheated?"

"That's what I thought. I didn't say anything I was to shocked and upset. I think I was still fuming about Saturday" she sat up wiping her eyes and blowing her nose.

"Well did you confront him?" I asked ready to find the leprechaun myself.

"You bet I did. I gave him plenty of opportunities to tell the truth and then last night when his phone went off at 3am I asked him who it was and he wouldn't tell me. I'd had it and told him to let me see his phone"

Lo didn't play about her boyfriends and cheating.

"We argued until he said he was leaving. I followed him down to the boys apartment and we continued arguing. Harry came out and-"

"Harry?" I was confused.

"Hold on. He came out and tried to mediate but it only got worse because he figured out that the panties were yours!" She gestured to me.

"WHAT?" Niall had my panties in his pocket?

"It was Harry's blazer he was wearing. Apparently they were yours from your first date is what he said" she sighed.

I felt the heat rising to my cheeks as I covered my mouth.

"Thanks for telling me he got into your pants on the first date by the way!" She snapped.

I was to embarrassed to explain what actually happen.

"Lo I'm so sorry but why did he break up with you? It was clearly a misunderstanding"

"I said some pretty mean things. I also might have slapped him..." She looked down at her hands.

"Oh Lo I'm so sorry" I moved over to the couch hugging her.

"It's my fault. I did it to myself" she cried on my shoulder.

"It's a mistake anyone would have made" I tried to comfort her.

"Yea well he broke up with me. Not much I can do about it now" she blew her nose again.

"Well it will work out he will come to his senses..." At least I hope he would. Lo loved hard, always had.

"I think I want to go lay down for a while" she stood up grabbing her Kleenex and made her way to her room.

Harry's POV

"Niall what is all this shit?" I walked in and food was everywhere.

"Food" he stated dryly.

"Yea I get that smart ass why is it covering the living room?" I kicked an empty pizza box out of my way.

"I broke up with Lo ok" he sat back on the couch taking a bite of a chipotle burrito.

"Why?" I didn't get him sometimes.

" She didn't trust me mate and after she hit me that was the last straw"

"She thought you cheated she had good reason to believe it too!" I looked at him like he was stupid.

"Well she should of trusted me. I wouldn't cheat on her hell I think I love her.." He yelled

I looked at him. Niall never said he loved a girl. Even if they said it to him. He said he wouldn't say it until he really meant it.

"Did you just say you love Lo?"

"Yes. Yes I did. Because I do." I noticed the beer next to him as he took another bite.

"How many beers have you had?"
I walked over picking up the bottle that was almost empty.

"I don't know 6 or 7" he sat the burrito down grabbing a half eaten Big Mac.

"Ok Niall mate this is disgusting" I picked up food wrappers around him. "Just go talk to her apologize for being a dick and get your girl back cause this shit isn't going to fly" I grabbed a couple empty bottles from the floor.

"Hell no. She can apologize to me!" He stated. He was going to be stubborn. "Whatever just clean this shit up" I walked to the kitchen and trashed the bottles.

I pulled out my phone.

Harry:
Can we do something Niall is being annoying

Charlie:
Please Lo is depressing me

Harry:
Promise this won't ever be us

Charlie:
Lol if it's up to me it won't

Harry:
Good enough love lol

Charlie:
How's he doing

Harry:
Bad

Charlie:
Well she's gone through 3 boxes of Kleenex :/

Harry:
He's gone through 2 chipotle burritos, a large pizza and half a Big Mac...and 7 beers...

Charlie:
OMG is he sick? He has to be..

Harry:
Nope appears to still be hungry

I looked around the corner as Niall pulled out a KFC box...

Harry:
It's worse than I thought...he's eating KFC now

Charlie:
Ok I'll be down in 5 lol