Chapter 45

Emma

As I rush down the hall towards the office I hope, knowing there is very little of it, that Harry actually just goes out to his car and waits for me there. In this moment it's like there's nothing more that I want in the world than to see Harry leaning against his car the way he does when he's waiting, all casual and sexy.

But I know he won't be and knowing my luck recently he won't just come bursting in here but so will Jess right after, blowing up the whole situation I have set.

"Oh hey Emma, I thought you'd already left?" My head springs up from fiddling with the contents of my bag to find Sophia still sitting at the desk.

"Oh, I actually decided to go for a ride but I'm just leaving to–"

"This girl must have really done something to you then."

"Why would you say that Soph?" I know why, I only spontaneously ride without telling when I'm pissed. Sure I haven't known Sophia all that long but I'm a creature of habit.

When I'm pissed people generally know. Normally I don't tell people why but it's like my whole body gives it away. I guess I get it, I don't really have all that much control over my body sometimes. I still feel a little out of it sometimes. Like when I'm getting ready in the morning I catch a glimpse of the scars on my shoulder or my hips and I suddenly feel like this, this body isn't mine. It's such an outer body experience you kind of have to life it yourself to truly understand. Just another way my past keeps creeping up on me.

"I say that because I know you Parker." She eyes me before returning back to her papers.

"Fine but, I'll tell you soon. So how did everything go after I left?" It's almost like she's turning into Lina if she continues with this line of questioning.

"Fine," Thank god she's not Lina! "Though I can tell the new girl is gonna be a pain in the ass" well my sentiments exactly.

"Really? How'd you tell?" I smirk at her, giving her a wink.

I'm happy we are so similar. To be fair there are not many people who I truly get along with. Sure I have acquaintances I casually say hi to around campus but for those true friendships, basically the people I don't want to strangle after a few moments of talking, those are rare. Lucky for me I've found two, Lina and most recently Sophia.

"What did she do to you anyway?" Soph is turning into Lina, like I attract them or something.

"It's a long story and Soph...haven't we already gone through this?"

"Oh come on Emma, give me a little gossip, it's been a slow day" she says leaning her chin on her hands giving me those puppy dog eyes, willing me to tell her as I continue to shove my small purse and dress from last night into my riding duffle.

"Trust me, when I say it's a long story I really mean it." God if you only knew.

"Really? Well I've got time but I can tell you don't as you shove all that junk into that bag. Must be Harry, right?" And with her words I can't help the bashful smile that crosses my face at the mere thought of Harry, giving me away instantly before I turn my attention back to my bag.

"Don't be like that" I beg her, straightening up again and pulling my hair out of the ponytail letting the hair loose over my shoulders.

"Ahhh" she says leaning back in her chair knowing that she's right "so it is him."

"Can you stop knowing everything please. How'd it go with the new girl? You've barely given me anything." God I sound like a broken record here. I do want to know though.