Chapter 11~Regrets, New Friends, and Hogwarts

Dedication time! I want to dedicate this chapter to AliiceRoseee for not giving up on NHOB even though I hadn't uploaded for a few months. Thanks girly!

Comment!

Vote!

Enjoy!

<3M

***

There she was; her dark brown hair was frizzy and long with dirt caked on it. Her eyes had bags under them and her usually gray/blue eyes were hazy and dialated. Her olive skin tone was paler than usual, or since the last time Lilac saw her and the scar on her right cheek was prominent and white. Lilac gasped and covered her hand, her mouth trembling beneath.

"L-lilac," she said hoarsly that it looked like it was difficult to talk. She tried to say more but started coughing and wheezing. Being the mother she was, Lilac imeadiatly led her over to a chair and handed her a glass of water. She watched Violetta drink with an anxious expression. Violetta wiped the water from her mouth onto the sleeve of her scuffed up coat. When she did this, her arm was exposed slightly but just enough to show Lilac the cuts. She inwardly gasped, shakily.

"My dear Violetta, what's happened to you?" she asked, grabbing a cloth and running it under warm water. She reached for Violetta's arm but she drew it away.

"No," she breathed, "I-I need her, Lilac. She is-s here." Violetta said. She held her hands firmly in her lap and stared at the wooden table. Lilac looked at her with confused eyes.

"Violetta . . .?" she asked, looking at her old friend concerned.

"The girl!" she said, suddenly frustrated. She shook her head and gripped her hair before looking back at Lilac, "My daughter, my daughter." Lilac stared at Violetta.

"Fifteen years." Lilac muttered. Violetta kept quiet. Lilac moved her gaze towards the window out side to the foggy window, "fifteen years you were gone, out of that child's life." Lilac stood up and moved so she was facing the wall and so Violetta could not see her face.

"My daughter, my daughter. Lilac where is my daughter?" Violetta asked. It looked as if she was having an internal battle, trying to think of something important. Lilac stood ridgid.

"Where were you? All those years?" Lilac murmured. Violetta sat motionless, thinking.

"My daughter, my daughter." Violetta repeated. Lilac turned to face her, her face flushed.

"Your daughter? Where were you Violetta? Where were you while your daughter was here? While i was being her mother?" Lilac asked. Violetta looked at Lilac, shock on her face.

"I was where i needed to be! But i'm back now . . . i'm back for her." she said. Lilac's eyes flashed.

"You think that because you brought her into this world that you are her mother?" she said, her voice suddenly filled with an unkown emotion to Violetta. Violetta kept her mouth shut, confused at Lilac's actions. Lilac took a step forward with her hand raised.

"You! You left her at my doorstep without so much as a promise that you were going to be alright! I woke up so many nights having nightmares of what could possibly happen to you that you had to give up your only daughter! Where did you go, huh? Did you think that your daughter would have taken it okay when i told her she was adopted? Or do you think it would have been easier saying she was related to a murderer? And now your back saying your back for her? She's not a gift to be lent!"

Lilac's eyes burned into Violetta's. Violetta sat there, tears rimming her eyes yet her temper getting the best of her.

"Fifteen years i had to leave her! You think i wanted to do that? You think i chose to give up my daughter?" Violetta screamed back.