The Lady's Squire (Podrick Payne x fem!reader)

"I've never been outside of Highgarden, Lady Margaery," you cried excitedly. Your father had been kind enough to allow you to travel to King's Landing with the Tyrells and you were thrilled. "I am certain we will find some form of entertainment, won't we, Grandmother?" Margaery asked Olenna, who simply smiled, not wanting to burst your small bubbles of happiness. You and Margaery were the best of friends and were almost always happy. You'd yet to see how cruel life could be.

You arrived at King's Landing and the first thing your eyes landed on was the infamous Tyrion Lannister. He was with two men, one older and one younger. The younger one caught your attention immediately. "I wonder who that is," you pondered out loud and softly. Margaery heard you anyway and followed your eyes to where the younger man. "I do believe that is Lord Tyrion's new squire. I think he is a distant cousin of Ser Ilyn Payne. Come! You should meet him!"

Margaery grabbed your hand and began to pull you over, but you stopped her. "Not now, Margaery! It would be improper," you whispered harshly, trying not to draw attention to yourself. The younger man looked up and met your eyes at that moment and you nearly tripped over your own feet. Margaery giggled and you glared at her before looking back to the man. He gave you a shy smile which you returned readily.

As soon as you had greeted the king and the proper introductions were made, Margaery became extremely determined to introduce you to the squire. She dragged you all around the Red Keep in search of the young man. Eventually, you broke your arm free. "Margaery, really! This is ridiculous. There is no way you are going to find him by running all over the R-" you were cut off as you turned around and into something solid.

"Oh, my lady! Forgive me!" a voice said. You snapped your head up and saw the squire. You glanced back at Margaery who wore a smug grin. You rolled your eyes at her and turned back again. "Please, it was my fault. I should have been watching where I was going," you said. His face was as red as yours felt. You heard the tell-tale footsteps of Margaery departing just before the squire moved to walk around you. You grabbed his arm and felt your face heat up even more. "Wait. Please. What is your name?"

"Podrick, my lady. Podrick Payne," he answered, bowing slightly. "Please don't bow to me, Podrick. I...I would like to be friends." He looked shocked for a moment and you had to bite back a giggle. He certainly had an adorable quality to him. "W-why would you want to be friends with me?" he asked softly. You cocked your head to the side and replied, "Why would I not? Perhaps, if you are not needed elsewhere, you would care to take a stroll with me?"

He agreed shyly. As you walked through the Red Keep, you talked about everything you could think of. Podrick stumbled over his words while you tripped over just about everything in your path. By the time the two of you made it to your chamber door, it was well past midnight. "Thank you, Podrick for a wonderful evening. Perhaps we could do it again soon?" you asked and he nodded. "Of course my l- Y/N." You smiled at him as he leaned in and kissed your cheek sweetly. You went inside your chambers and leaned back against the door with a happy sigh. Your trip to King's Landing would certainly be one to remember.     

(a/n: I just found out that this book is #178 in Fanfiction!! Thank you so much, lovelies!!!!)