10.

Ten.

It's been a week since I broke up with James.

"Honey, you have to come out of your room sometime," my dad quietly knocked.

I was perfectly fine with watching Netflix and eating a tub of ice cream for the day.

"Maybe later, I groaned."

"Well what if I said Ashley was back?" He said.

This was my only motivation to come out of my room. I sprinted to the door, swinging it open.

"Ash!" I squealed.

"Brookie!" She squealed back.

I engulfed her in a hug.

"How was boarding school? I missed you so much!"

"It was okay, but it wasn't the same without you!" She replied.

"I guess I'll leave you two girls alone then," my dad said, and I gave him a genuine smile.

This was the first time in a week that I was truly happy.

We began to catch up, and she told me everything about boarding school while I told her everything about James.

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay," I shrugged. "We weren't really dating that long anyways."

She grabbed another spoon, and finished off my ice cream with me while finishing Titanic with me.

"You need a makeover," she said.

"Wow, thanks."

"Well you've been crying for like a week, and you have huge bags under your eyes. Sorrt to be harst, but you look like shit. Here," she said, spinning my chair around. "Sit."

She did my makeup, curled my hair, and picked out a little red dress with nude heels for me to wear.

"Now, trust me," she said, putting a blindfold over my eyes.

She led me downstairs, and into her car.

"Don't worry, I have your phone and purse too," she said.

"Ash, seriously. Where are we going?"

She ignored me; typical Ashley. I knew she was smirking.

Finally, the car stopped.

"Okay, we're here."

She took my blindfold off, and we were at the under 21 club.

"Oh, I can't."

"Yes you can. You need to get your mind off James. Come on, it'll be fun!" she said.

I groaned, and she pulled my arm.

The club was dark, but all the colored lights brightened it up a little.

"Ash, I can't do this."

"Yes you can! Here, this guy is cute," she said, pointing to a guy sitting at a table. "Get his number by midnight or else you're walking home."

"Are you kidding?" I asked.

"Nope!" She said, and disappeared into the crowd.

It was going to be a long night.