Fate~Tate

I hated this house. I hated everything about it. Ever since we moved here my whole family have been different. My parents where fighting all the time and if they weren't shouting at each other then they where shouting at me.

You're probably going to think I'm crazy but there's ghosts in this house. People who have died on the grounds are trapped here forever. I see a lot of them. None of them speak to me. I don't really know what I'd say if they did. They don't bother me they're just always there in the background.

You're probably wondering how I know about them. I've gotten really close to our house maid, Moira. She's been telling me about everyone of the ghosts. Our everyday chats are the only thing keeping me sane. She has nearly told me about every ghost in the house except one. I asked about him once but she told me to stay away from him and that he was 'trouble'. I know that warning should have scared me but it just makes me more intrigued.

Anyway currently I'm sitting out in the back garden. When I say sitting I mean lying on the ground on the middle of the grass. It's midnight and my parents are still shouting at me. I don't even know what they're shouting at me for this time. I just grabbed my phone and stomped outside.

I put my music onto shuffle and Truce from Twenty One Pilots comes on. Are you ever in a sad mood but then a sad song comes on and it makes you feel so much worse? That's what it's like right now. I sit my phone on the grass beside me and look up at the stars. The lyrics begin to speak to me and my eyes begin to sting. The tears start to pour out my eyes and I just let them. They roll down the side of my cheeks as the stars begin to go blurry. I close my eyes and let the music consume me.

The song ends and I go to grab my phone. I can't find it so I start stroking the ground around me like a crazy person. When I can't feel it I prop myself up on my elbows and open my eyes. My gaze is meet with a cross legged boy on my phone. It takes me a moment to realise who it is. It's him, the ghost Moira told me to stay away from.

"Depressing music." He states and I see him scroll through my songs. I begin to feel shy but the feeling is replaced with annoyance. If Moira told me to stay away from him then that's what I'll do. I grab my phone off the curly haired boy startling him. "Hey I didn't say that's a bad thing." He says throwing his hands up in defence.

I lay my back down on the grass again and close my eyes. "Don't touch my phone." I state bluntly not wanting to start a conversation.

"So what's your deal. I see you walking around looking like you'd rather be anywhere else. You're always reading, crying, and listening to music." He says a little to quick. I cringe at the crying part but keep my cool.

"So you've been watching me?" I say opening my eyes to see him lying next to me. Great, I don't think he's moving anytime soon.

"I prefer to call it observing." He says turning to face me.

"Whatever you call it, it's creepy." I say turning to face him. He grins and I can see his dimples. The starlight is casting shadows on his face and for the first time I see him for how beautiful he really is. I can feel my heart flutter a little in my chest but I steady it. "So what's your deal then curly?" He frowns at the nickname but then smiles again.

"Ahhh that's for me to know and you to find out cutie." He says gazing at me.

"What makes you think I'll find out?" I ask knowing that I want to keep talking to him.

"Cause the universe has placed us both in this shit world and maybe it's coincidence or maybe it's fate that we both find each other in this very garden tonight." He says and the moonlight is casting shadows on his perfectly chiselled face. Just as I am about to open my mouth my mum calls my name from the back door.

"Ahh until we meet again Y/N" he says standing up and offering me his hand. I take it and he gently pulls me up. He drops my hand and I turn to see he's disappeared. I sigh a little at the lack of contact.

"I didn't get your name." I say softly to myself. He reappears inches away from my face.

"It's Tate." He says sharply and I can feel his hot breath on my cheek. "And don't worry this won't be our last midnight conversation." He says painfully slow then disappeared again. Something tells me that he's telling the truth.

I know Moira said to stay away but I just can't help myself. I'm like a moth attracted to the light. Except Tate is no light he has a dark aroma about him. He's dangerous but you know what they say, curiosity killed the cat.

••••••••••••

Aghh this book recently hit 1K reads and I can't tell you how happy I am. Would anyone like a part 2 of this? Remember requests are always opened.

~Abbie💕