two

Jimin p.o.v

But you,
--

Maybe it was the way his chest rose delicately.

Maybe it was the way his hair tickled his eyebrows.

Maybe it was the way his scars peeked out from beneath the sleeves of his patient suit.

Whatever it was, I caught myself mesmerised by that boy.

"You have a severe throat infection, Jungkook and need to stay for treatment," I informed him.

He had a frown upon his pale face and avoided looking into my eyes.

I sighed and shifted closer so he was forced to look at me.

"And more importantly, I think you'll need to stay longer even after your throat's healed."

"What kind of bullshit that?" He scoffed.

I don't think he's realised that I've seen them already. That while he was sleeping, I lifted the sleeves of his shirt and peeked at the scars that decorated his veiny arms.

"Lift up your sleeves."

"No."

"Jungko--"

"I said no!"

I don't know whether I did it out of my right of being a doctor or whether I just really wanted to know how it felt to touch him. But either way, I didn't regret it one damn bit.

I leaned in closer and yanked the hem of his shirt up. And sure enough, they were there.

Unlike the softened scars scrawled on his arms, the ones on his abdomen were far more fresh and still red.

I grazed my fingers across his scars, less inspecting and more feeling.

"I'm sorry, but I'm referring you to our psychiatry department's specialist for treatment. This is really important."

"What was your name again?" The patient asked.

I relaxed at the avoidance of another string of swear words.

"I'm a cardio sur--"

"I asked for your name, dumb ass." He hissed.

"Jimin. Park Jimin."

He then leaned away, turned on his side and began to nap.

I walked out, a thought hitting me a bit too late; why didn't he just look at my name tag?

I massaged my temples and went to Yoongi. Both of us had finally got a break from planned surgeries and conferences, so Yoongi had led us to a bar.

Something about telling me something important, but we never got around to it.

I nodded at the nurses walking past me to which they vividly giggled.

I admit I'm quite a talented young cardio surgeon, but it's only due to my constant strive for perfection.

I let go of my youthful days in exchange for studying hard after my father had died of a heart disease the doctors failed to identity.

I was four years old at his death.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I saw Yoongi approaching.

That lab coat always made his silver hair look wild. Or maybe it's because he's too lazy to tame it. Probably the latter.

He smacked me on the back with a lazy grin.