Chapter ♞ 38: ...

I have decided that I will MOST LIKELY finish this book around chapter 50.  

Edit: Be sure to follow me because I want to do a giveaway once I reached 10k (if my parents allow me to haha).

-

"How did that happen again?" The voice on the other side of the phone was talking in a smooth tone yet the panic in their voice was that only thing allowing for you to know that they were also highly worried.

Currently, Kaoru was laying on your lap in a non-moving heap as the the reddening mark on his head grew in size, and deepened in color. At least you were sure that he was alive. The shallow breaths falling from his lips and the thriving pulse you had felt underneath your fingertips earlier, reassured you.

"All he did was try to talk to me," you told the purple-haired girl as the ride finally move upwards even more- you both were nearly towards the top, just as Kaoru had wanted, but only one of you were conscious enough to actually enjoy it.

"So he tried to talk you and just passed out? I'm not Sherlock or anything, but something doesn't add up." 

"No, no, no." You spoke quickly into the phone, but nearly dropped it once again. Currently the small device was resting in between the crook of your neck, and chin. The two body parts were the only objects able to hold it in place as you arms cradle Kaoru, in an attempt to hold him up.

But the boy was both taller than you, and weighed a bit more so keeping both the cellphone in place, and his body still while on the Ferris Wheel was a difficult task. 

"Y/N what the hell happened?!"

Your mind wandered to the previous events as you harshly bit onto your bottom lip. Technically it wasn't your fault, but you hadn't done much to stop the course of actions from taking place. 

-

Kaoru guided you by the hand, as he gradually began to walk at a steadier pace, much slower than the one from before. Both of your cheeks were flushed as you inhaled deep breaths of air, just as he did. 

The moment he turned around, and saw your equally tired expression, as you were bent down and now had your hands resting on your knees, there was only one appropriate response. Kaoru's laugh tickled at your ears, and his hoarse voice rang out into the night.

It was only a few seconds before you joined him in the mayhem, and laughed yourself, at the previous event that had unfolded. "Well that was a bit more fun than I had expected." He admitted as he waited for you breathing to become even.

"At least Hikaru isn't chasing us any more and we aren't being attacked by marshmallows." 

"They hurt more than you'd think," Kaoru concurred, "especially when they hit you in the eye."

Kaoru held out his hand, waiting for you to take it, though his smile still hadn't faded. Eventually you placed your hand within his and walked alongside him. "We won't be chased anymore and the Ferris Wheel is right ahead." Kaoru looked ahead as he squeezed your hand ever so slightly. 

Eventually the scenery became quiet and the both of you zigzagged through the empty line at the Ferris Wheel, approaching the man who was waiting to board you both. 

"Kaoru," you finally spoke as you continued walking, "I'm serious when I ask this but... are you and your brother- you both are okay, right?" You were aware that you had asked questions such as this before but it truly bothered you. Two twins vying for the affections of the same female?