156

"come to my parents' house with me," phil says, not sure if this is the best idea but he has no other choice. he cannot possibly leave dan stranded alone here with no one but his parents to go to.

"what?" dan was confused. moments ago phil was all ready to leave dan alone here and saying that their relationship isn't working out, probably even cheating on him but now he wants dan to go with him? what the hell is phil on about?

"i want to take you with me," phil repeats, turning his head to look at dan but dan just shakes his head.

"no phil, you can't just," he makes gestures with his hand to emphasise his point. "do that,"

"well i can't leave you alone here dan. you don't even have a job and you won't go back to your parents! i'm not leaving you without a back up," phil raises his voice slightly and dan mutters a string of profanities under his breath before getting up and grabbing his hair in his hands frustratedly.

"i don't fucking get you phil!" he screams. "you were fine with leaving me alone a few hours ago and now you want me to be with you? i am not a fucking toy and i don't need your sympathy!" his hands flail all around in a dramatic gesture, and he can feel his face heating. he hates the way his heart is beating loudly in his chest and his brain is pulsing with confusion.

"you always do this dan! you always have to make everything about yourself!" phil finally shouts, copying dan's movements and getting off the bed. "don't you think it's hard for me as well! leaving you is not as easy as you think it is, god dammit!"

"you don't talk about easy phil!" his throat is hurting as the words leave his mouth in a loud shout. "you don't know what you put me through every fucking day when you decide do to something totally irrelevant! why did you even come back from your week long holiday if you had to leave again?" by this time, hot tears are pouring down his face and his voice is unsteady and wavering. phil opens his mouth to say something but dan interrupts him by stepping forward and raising his voice.

"i told you that this won't work out! i told you you will get tired of me and leave me!" dan's hands push against phil's chest and the older boy stumbles a bit from the impact.

"it's not my fault that things are not working out! stop blaming me!" they are both screaming in each other's faces, throwing insults and blaming each other for everything.

both of them have no idea what they are saying or if they even mean it, but they continue, until they are out of breath and their chests are heaving. their throats burn and their eyes are watering and the room is too warm to be comfortable. the heat is rising every second and it's suffocating.

by the time dan raises his hands to push against phil's chest again his fingers are shaking and instead of shoving phil away, he just clutches phil's shirt tightly between his fingers and breaks into sobs, nuzzling his face in the soft material.

"please don't leave me," his voice is almost inaudible as phil looks down at the younger boy.

dan's fidgety hands pull him closer and his arms travel up to wrap around phil's neck. phil just let's out a breath he didn't know he was holding and buries his face in dan's shoulder before finally murmuring the reassuring words.

"i won't,"

--
a double update because i simply love you guys