Secretly Famous Part 24

Part 24

”I am going to die.”

Jamie is sitting next to me in the car with a painful expression. He is clutching his stomach and I can’t hold back a giggle.

”You look fine to me,” I tell him sweetly.

”You want to kill me,” he groans.

”Hey! I didn’t shove the food down your throat and you didn’t complain either.”

”Not until you ordered the dessert.”

”You’re too polite.”

”My mom raised me to eat up.”

”Mommie’s little boy,” I tease him. I look out of the tinted windows just to see Eric on his way over to us. I open the door slightly to peek out. ”Over here, Eric!” I yell to him and slam the door shut as fast as I can. I don’t want his neighbours to start wondering about what kind of people he is hanging out with. It would be weird for him to explain it if anyone asked. I just needed a ride and they happened to be there. I laugh at the thought. Oh dear, I hope I won’t get him into any kind of trouble.

”Hey!” Eric says when he opens the door and climbs into the back seat.

”Hello, Mister! Are you ready for a terrifying adventure?”

”Terri- what?” He looks back at my dumbfounded.

”It’s just, no offence Jamie, our driver for today is a bad car driver.”

”It can’t be that bad if you two are still unscratched.”

”You’ll see,” I smirk.

-

”Get me out! Get me out of the car!”

Eric jumps out of the car before the engine is turned off and I giggle at his horrified expression.

”I’m really sorry, I tried to drive good.” Jamie apologises and checks so the street is empty before he step out of the car.

”Good? That was the worst drive I’ve ever had! I don’t have a death wish of any kind.”

I walk up to Eric and put an arm around his shoulders so he can calm down.

”Next time I drive,” I promise him.

”You better, I don’t want Lilee to grow up without a mom.”

”She won’t,” I laugh and can’t help to add. ”You look cute when you are horrified.”

”Don’t you dare, Molly!” he hisses at me.

We walk up to my apartment still bickering while Jamie is quietly smiling at us.

”What’s so funny, Jamie?” I ask him after I locked the door behind us.

”It is nice to see you so careless.”

”Eric taught me how it is done. It is an amazing lifestyle, you should try it sometime.”

”Umm, sure,” he agrees hesitantly. ”I brought one of my movies if you want to watch it?”

”That sounds like a great idea, I’ll make some popcorn. Make yourselves at home in my living room!”

I prepare the popcorn and decide to be a bad girl again by putting three cans of soda on a small tray. I usually drink water but I don’t want them to call me miss skinny. Eric is quite easygoing and would definetly get Jamie on his side easily. I listen to my two male best friends conversation with a smile. They seem to get along well despite the driving incident earlier. I am so used to Jamie’s driving that it doesn’t bother me at all. I put down the huge bowl on the table and decide to squeeze myself between the two men.