New Girl

"Why the fuck are we having a ball? This isn't the 1800's" I said picking up a flier and shoving it in Dmitri's face.

"Well I think the 1800's is cool. Just don't stress over it. I don't need my baby dying" he said making me groan and roll my eyes.

I got up and went over to the vending machine.

I put $2 in the slot and pressed for a chocolate candy bar.

Mmmmmmm.

I grabbed it and started walking away when I said Aaliyah look at me with anger in her eyes.

She walked over to me.

"Why did you have to ruin everything? I had Tiffany believe that Dmitri was the father so I could be with Adam. But no you just couldn't accept it." She spat making me laugh.

"Dmitri doesn't want her and I'm pretty sure Adam does. He will never want you. Get out of my face" I said before shoving her with my shoulder and walking away.

Jesus.

Dmitri looked at me "what was that about?" He asked "nothing important" I said shrugging.

He nodded and turned back to his friends.

I pulled out the piece of paper the cop gave me and typed in his number before texting him.

S: Thank you for telling me to talk to him, I don't know what would've happened if I didn't.
K: Your welcome Sarahi, my names Karo by the way.
S: Well nice to text meet you Karo. I have to go goodbye.
K: Goodbye Sarahi.

He has a weird name, but I like it.

I looked back up and Dmitri was staring at me intently "who were you texting?" He asked "no one" I said "that's why you were smiling and your screen and quietly laughing right?" He said with his eyebrow raised.

"Oh please don't give me that crap. It was just a friend I met" I said giving him the bitch face.

Ah my natural face.

"Whatever" he said turning back around "dickhead" I muttered getting up and leaving.

I opened the bathroom door and saw a girl crying.

"Are you alright? I mean of course your not but" I said going to her "your Dmitri's girlfriend right?" She asked "ehh" I said sitting down next to her.

"I'm Artemis, named after the God of virginity" she whispered and a couple more tears fell "but your not a virgin are you?" I asked making her nod and cry some more.

"Who's the father?" I asked knowing already. No one cries over their virginity like this.

"Samuel Lopez" she muttered shaking her head and putting her head in her hands.

I gasped "Sammy?" I muttered to myself "yup. One mistake can change everything can't it?" She whispered "did you tell him?" I asked.

She looked away "he probably doesn't want the baby anyways" she muttered "you'd be surprised Artemis" I said "Samuel is a great guy. He talked me through finding out I was pregnant and helped me accept it. He can do that for you, he can be there for you. You just gotta tell him" I said.

"I want to really bad. I just, I just don't know if I can afford the baby right now. My parents they um, they died a couple weeks ago. I have no one right now. I've been sleeping on my friends couch but that's not gonna be good for a baby" she said.

"Move in with us! I know I don't know you like that but this is Dmitri's nephew or niece. I'm pretty sure he'll understand" I said making her gasp and smile "are you serious!?" She said with a big smile.

"Yeah" I said standing up and helping her.

"Dmitri I need to talk to you" I said coming up to him with a smile "what" he asked lighting up a cigarette.

"Well you see, there's this girl. Actually let me just get to the point. Samuel got a girl pregnant, she has nowhere to stay and I invited her to live with us considering its your niece or nephew. I mean just until she tells Sammy and I'm sure he'll be a sweetie pie and invite her to live with him" I rambled.

He stopped on his cigarette.

"He fucking got a girl pregnant?" He asked making me nod slightly "yes?" I said not really sure what to say.

"She better go tell that little bitch right now" he said getting angrier "why are you so mad? Is their something wrong with girls getting pregnant now?" I asked.

He calmed down.

"No baby there's not" he said pulling me into a hug and kissing my lips.

"So I'm going to invite her over and you'll invite Sammy and we'll make them talk" I said getting out of the hug and walking over to Artemis.

"Well I think you should tell him tonight" I said making her eyes go wide "I don't know if I can" she whispered "you got this girl".

She doesn't got this.

She's been staring at the wall for 15 minutes already and Sammy has been texting away.

I mean I would be doing the same if I were him. He doesn't have a clue what's going on.

"Artemis" I said making her look at me "you got this" I said making her breath in and out before nodding.

"Samuel, do remember that night when I found out my parents just died?" She said making him put his phone away and nod confused "well, I'm sorta pregnant" she whispered. 

His eyes widened and he got up.

"What?" He said "it's okay if you don't want it. I can raise the baby on my own. I'd understand" she said in a panic voice while wiping her tears.

"Can we talk about it somewhere?" He said not wanting to talk about it in front of us which I totally understand.

She slowly nodded and they both left.

"I'm never having children Dmitri" I said sighing "your pregnant though" he said making me groan "aw man".