Didn't die

I WANNA SAY LOTS OF LOVE TO twdokay BECAUSE THEYRE LITERALLY ALWAYS SUPPORTING MY STORIES AND YEAH THEYRE AWESOME THANK YOU

I LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS TOO KEEP UO READING AND COMMENTING AND VOTING AND BEING AWESOME I SEE U GUYS U ROCK

---

Melissa

I climbed up the watch post slowly, trying not to hurt my arm- which was stitched and wrapped up in gauze.

Someone grabbed me and helped me up. I looked up and it was Glenn. I got up the post with him and smiled.

"Thanks." I said.

"Of course." I looked out at the town. It was dark except for the few light posts that were up around.

"I can take your shift... do you really wanna be up here all night with your arm like this?" He asked. I shrugged.

"It's fine. I've been through worse." I just said. Glenn nodded and looked out at Alexandria.

"What happened, anyways?" He asked.

"Uh, Rosalyn and Damien." I shrugged.

"What?"

"Yeah. They escaped when we got here and joined the Wolves. The same group that attacked us before? They wanted to kill me to, and I quote, 'prove their loyalty'." I explained with a sigh.

"Prove their loyalty?" Glenn questioned. I raised my eyebrows and nodded.

"When you join the wolves you have to prove yourself by killing somebody close and important to you and bring the body back to where they're staying, I guess. Damien told me." I sighed. Glenn shook his head and looked at the houses.

"Where are they now?" He asked coldly. I looked up at him, shaking my head.

"Locked up. In a basement. They're not going anywhere." I told him. He nodded and calmed down a little.

"I guess I should feel a little flattered that they both chose me to kill." I joked. Glenn didn't find it funny.

"Don't joke about that stuff, Melissa." He said. I looked down.

"What?"

"Don't joke about being killed. You're not dying. Neither of us are dying." He looked down at me. I scoffed and looked down.

"We're all gonna die, Glenn. I don't want you to die. Not for a long, long time, at least." I tried explaining but I got nowhere.

"I'm not dying yet. I'm gonna be a father. Im gonna be around for a long time." He said. I smiled slightly and sighed, looking out to the woods outside of the town.

"Yeah. That baby's gonna have a badass dad." I smirked, looking around.

"I want you to be the baby's aunt. Well, godmother I guess--" I looked up at him, with a look that said 'really?'

"You're Family, Melissa. You're my family, you're Maggie's family. You mean a lot to us. The baby will be lucky to have an aunt as cool as you." He nudged my arm and I chuckled.

"Thank you Glenn." I said. I wrapped my arms around him. He hugged me back.

We pulled apart and he put his hand on my shoulder.  "I guess now you can't die, either."

---

Carl came up to the watch post with me a few hours into my shift and I was able to fall asleep.

When I woke up from my short sleep, Carl looked angry. I stood up and walked over to him.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I asked. He sighed and shook his head.

"Carl?" I asked. He spun around to face me and I took a step back.

"You almost died! Why didn't you tell me they're trying to kill you with the Wolves?!" He was whispering, but his voice had a harsh tone to it.

"I just figured... they tried to kill me. I didn't think telling you right away who their group is would be a problem..." he shrugged, looking down. I knew Carl was just worried about me, but I hate him yelling at me.

"It's a big deal, Melissa! It's the biggest deal!" He walked over to me.

"Can we not fight. They're not gonna kill me. They're locked up. And it's not like the whole group is looking for me. Just the two of them." I said, shaking my head. Carl let out a sigh and looked down, grabbing my hand.

"I just don't want anything to happen to you." He whispered. I chuckled.

"Yeah, I've been getting that a lot lately." I smiled. He gently pulled my hand, bringing me close to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and shut my eyes.

"I think we're both gonna be okay. At least for now." I looked up at him. "And that's all that really matters."

We pulled apart after a while and stood on watch. I stared up at him as he focused on his gun. The breeze swept his hair around and his face was serious. He caught me looking at him and he quickly picked the gauze patch on his face. I frowned. He hated how he looked now. He saw himself as ugly and he doesn't want to leave the gates anymore. I wish he knew how attractive I see him. His scar doesn't change that.

"What?" He chuckled. His smile made me smile.

"You enjoying the view?" He joked. I softly chuckled.

"Mhmm." I nodded. He rolled his eyes and smiled.

"Creep." He said. I laughed and pushed his hand.

"Not cool." I giggled. I heard footsteps come up the latter and I walked over, seeing one of the Alexandrians come up to take their shift.

Carl and I walked back to the house quietly. I grabbed onto Carl's hand and leaned on him once we sat down on the couch.

"I'm glad we're alive right now." I said. "I'm glad I didn't jump off that roof that day. I'm glad your dad stopped me." Carl wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm also glad I didn't die when I stabbed myself back at the prison... I'm glad you survived the gunshot back at Hershel's farm, and I'm glad you survived getting shot by Ron..." I stared ahead at the floor and smiled. "I'm glad your dad survived when he got shot.

"We're gonna survive. We're okay now." Carl said. I nodded.

"Yeah." I whispered. "I know."

/----

SHITTY CHAPTER BC IM A SHITTY PERSON

IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN LIKE FIFTY YEARS I HAVE NO EXCUSES I JUST DUDNT FEEL LIKE IT WHICH IS SO BAD BECAUSE I FORGOT ABOUT HOW MYCH I LOVE WRITING THESE STORIES AND HOW MUCH I LOVE SEEING YOU GUYS COMMENTING AND LIKING THESE STORIES SO IM GONNA KEEP ON UPDATING FOR YOU GUYS

ILY