Chapter 23: The Meeting

"Earth to, Bella" A voice snapped Isabella out of her thoughts as she rubbed her temples. It was Ellie rambling about God knows what as they sat in the Anderson&Co's cafeteria. She was probably going on and on about the new book which she read over the weekend and was convincing Isabella to read it too but she didn't pay any attention.

Her mind was constantly wandering off to a grey-black haired man who was supposedly called her father and who was trying pretty hard to get back into her life.

This morning he offered her a ride to the company along with some breakfast, he was being so sweet and caring that it was melting her heart, she was so eager to give him a chance but she haven't talk to Megan yet. Their father was a missing figure for them throughout their almost whole life but she was sure, it wouldn't be bad of they gave him a chance as everyone deserves a second chance.

"You look worried" Ellie said. Worried was a small word, she was stressing out. The past week has been very busy with her father being at her home almost every single day and sending her small texts like 'Good morning angel, I hope you're having a good day' to 'Good night angel, sweet dreams' He was being extremely sweet but a part of Isabella knew that he wanted to be back in their lives. He was same before her mother's death.

"I am, Ellie" Isabella ran a hand through her hair as she decided to take an advice from Ellie, hoping she would say something which would clear her mind. Ellie already knew about Isabella's past as she came over for a sleepover at her apartment and things just got complicated after she asked why she left New York so she had to tell her and the other reason being Ellie had became her closest friend so she put her trust in her and told her everything.

"Are you worried about this whole thing with your dad?" Ellie asked

"Yes, Ellie. I don't know what to do about this whole situation, a part of me wants to never look at him again but then another part me wants to take him back into our lives, my heart aches whenever I see this sadness in his eyes when he comes to my apartment and apologize for everything he had done. I don't know what to do Ell, I'm so confused" Isabella said as she sniffed at the end of the sentence wiping her tears

"You want to know what I think, Bella?" Ellie asked and Isabella nodded

"We both know that he was an abusive father, and my opinion about him is that he was a pathetic excuse for a father. Like who the hell abuses their daughter? My words may hurt you but he is a bastard, he abused you back then and just came back after so many years asking for forgiveness? If I was in your place, I would never ever look at him again and a single sorry doesn't fix everything and you know that but still ask Megan about it and give him a chance if you and Megan want to, remember nobody's forcing you to do anything it will be your decision okay?" Ellie breathed out after her mini speech

"You're right, Ellie. You're such a good friend, thanks" Isabella stood up and hugged her.

"Don't worry okay?" Ellie said. Isabella then glanced at her watch and saw that it was 10 minutes past lunch time. She panicked and bid goodbye to Ellie and went to the top floor.

She knocked the door to Seth's office, knowing he would start yelling because she was late. Her heart breathed fast as she remembered the scene when he was kissing her neck. She was confused because of his actions.

"Come in" He said firmly and Isabella slowly opened the door looking at the ground

"You're 10 minutes late" He said. Ofcourse. He was sitting at the edge of his desk.

"Would you punish me?" Isabella said out of nowhere trying to lighten his mood but instead he came near her causing her to panick.

You're such a dumb person, Bella. Why the heck you have to say that, her conscience said