Into town

"Simon? Wake up, hurry, we have to go. "

I rolled over in the grass, each blade trying to slice my skin as I attempted to stand up. I attempted to rub the sleep from my eyes, the back of my hand still wet from the dew from last night. I could feel bits of dirt sticking in my hair and rubbing against my skin, plastering the usual snowy white with splotches of brown. I slowly got to my feet, shaking off any dirt or grass I could off my body before facing everyone else. They were all standing around my area, some people looking at me with questioning glares as to why I've slept outside, and others not caring much in the slightest. The sun was just starting to rise, orange and yellow colors splattering the sky as if it were a canvas, the area being eerily quiet, the only sounds being some small birds chirping in the trees and the small shuffling sounds of the people in the broken city below.

Me rising to my feet started a certain type of silence that I hadn't heard anywhere else. A certain silence that was only here because everyone was lost in thought, everyone lost in the snow banks of their minds. A certain part of me longed to know the thoughts that caused cause the air to become so tense and quiet that I could almost hear my own heart beat, but if I'm competely honest I'm frightened at what I'd hear. I honestly don't want to hear about all the pain and suffering, the broken hearts and lost souls that most people have now.

"Are we just going to stand here? Or do we have a game plan? I really hope our bright idea isn't just running into camp and shooting everyone up, because I highly doubt that'll work." Mitch exclaimed, his hazel eyes scanning over all of us, his pastel lips curved into a small frown, earning nods from not only the people from our town but everyone else.

The wind started to pick up, the leaves on the trees behind us making a soft rustling sound as everyone stayed silent. What was the game plan? I'm fairly certain we don't have one. Shoot, I don't even think half of us even knew how to shoot a gun correctly, much know how to set up a game plan for going into war.

"If I can remember correctly, I could have sworn Callux and JME had put some guns in the back of the jeep, we should try to get those." Vikk stated quickly, his fingers quickly brushing away the ink colored hair from his eyes. I could see people start nodding in agreement, Harry offering to run to the jeeps and check.

I watched as he ran down to where the jeeps were parked, hidden away from view in the shrubs and the trees. Not exactly the best hiding spot for a jeep, you could still see parts of the car in between the spaces, but it was the best we could do in so little time. And besides, its not like there was a better place to hide things as big as those, and as long as no one knew we were here we should be fine. I saw Harry wave us all over to where he was standing by the jeeps, all of us quickly jogging over to where he was to join the ocean eyed boy. He motioned to the back, showing load of gun and boxes of ammo shoved messily inside the back, things scattered about.

"So I guess everyone grab a gun, pack some clips with ya if you like, and then we'll head down..." Rob muttered quietly, his eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the back of the jeep, something obviously messing with his mind. Was it the deaths? The invasion? The fact that since we weren't expecting an attack so soon no one knew how to shoot a fucking gun?

Or perhaps all of the above.

We all line up, the people from our town picking weapon of choice first since were suppost to lead the main group. I can't help but notice most peoples shaky hands or lifeless eyes as they grab for the gun that looks the most appealing. I'm the last person from our town to chose a gun, and I can't help but feel sick as I look down, every ones glares piercing the back of my skin as I chose.

I look down, my hands getting shaky as I pick the gun closest to me, one with a longer barrel and a slicker frame. It holds in my hands strange, and I don't like it. I don't like any of them. The gun feels wrong in my hands and I feel terrified in myself as I hold it, realizing all the unforgivable things I could do with a weapon like this. I don't want to do this, but I don't have much choice, and I quickly glance at all my friends to see what they think holding guns.

Some of them look confused. Some if them look concerned. Out of the corner of my eye I see JJ and Ethan getting way to pumped about this, and it makes me feel slightly queasy as I see a side to them I've never seen before.

I quickly step away form the jeep, Josh motioning for everyone else to step up and pick a gun. For these people, this mission isn't as close to home, their friends and family weren't brutally murder, and so they seem more cautious. They don't seem as willing is wanting to go through with this, most them them with fear glazed over their eyes or shaking hands as they reach for something that could kill millions with the right aim. In less then a few hours some of them will become monsters and they know it, their hands shaking with terror as they check to see if their guns are loaded.

And a gun shot goes off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay.

I'm finished loveeeeee meee.

Also, quick question for anyone bothering to read this.

Do you guys know what some of the Sidemens fears might be?

I've got a really cool prompt for a book I may want to start when this is done, but I need to know fears or things they like ALOT.

I watched a Q and A where I think Simon said it, but I couldn't find it. As for Vikk hasn't done a Q and A in ages, most of KSIs Q and As are just bants {which I find hilarious, just not good for a fanfic}, and I haven't been subbed long enough to the others to know.

But yeah. If you guys know their fears by heart for some reason, or have ideas for where they might of said it, or something, idk.

But anyway, sorry I've been rambling, much love <3

Bye!