Chapter 26 - curglaff

Taylor's POV (past)

"Bryce." he smirked.

-

First day of school. I got this. I was dressed in a white crop top with light blue ripped jeans. A black backpack was flung over my shoulder. My glasses sat in a drawer near the bed side.

"You're gonna be late doll!" Mom's voice boomed through the house.

"Coming!" I yelled.

A familiar black leather jacket was hung behind my door.

Hm.

"Taylor!"

Something was pulling me towards it. There was a sort of longing familiarity with the jacket. Like a lucky charm.

Last minute, right before running out the door, I grabbed the black leather jacket and tied it around my waist while rushing down the stairs.

My footsteps thundered throughout the house as I ran downstairs. The front door was open revealing a tall lean boy with brown dipped dyed hair. He was wearing a black henley shirt that revealed his abs.

"Bryce?"

"M'lady." he joked, doing one of those boyish hair flicks.

"You know this boy?" Mom asked, poorly disguising her concern.

"Yeah, I met him at the wedding." I shrugged, thankful, she didn't mention my name.

"He's offered to take you to school." Mom said knowingly, frowning, her back turned to him.

My cheeks flushed. He wanted to take me?

I smiled a sweet cheeky smile like a child asking for candy. "Can't he?"

Mom seemed to be debating weather or not to let me go. She eyed his lip piercing judgementally.

Seriously?

You're gonna judge someone just because of their choice to put a piece of metal in their lip? What's the difference with earrings then?

She looked at me sadly, her eyes looked longingly as if I was already gone.

"Okay." she whispered, glaring at Bryce.

-

Bryce manoeuvred around the traffic with his convertible red Porsche. The cold wind ran through my hair, speeding past the sides of my face.

"Aaaah!" I screamed, a huge smile plastered on my face.

My eyes were watering slightly from the wind but the freedom I felt was priceless.

Bryce chuckled as he saw how much I was enjoying myself. His swept-over hair ruffled through the wind.

As we neared the school grounds, I fixed my hair, combing it through roughly with parted fingers.

People were eyeing Bryce's car as we arrived. People were eyeing him. People were eyeing me.

"So you're pretty famous here eh?" I joked.

"You'll see flower girl." he smirked.

The moment I stepped on school grounds, Bryce put an arm over my shoulders. Normally I wouldn't allow it. But why not.

The school's bad boy wants is walking the hallways with me. In that moment, all my worries of being the new nerdy kid again was gone. The people parted like the red sea when they saw him.