18.

Zari

"So, y'all have some explaining to do," We just got home and was now plopped down on the couch and sofa.

"Damn, we just got in here and you already want an explanation," Cairo mugged at me as he sat in the chair.

"We both need an explanation, you're like my bro and you never told me this?" Darrin went into the kitchen to grab him something to snack on then came back into the living room sitting down.

Chris sat next to me and pulled me into his lap. I rested my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arms wrapped around my waist.

"It's wasn't important until now I guess," Cairo shrugged his shoulders while getting comfortable in bed.

"Well tell the damn story," I mugged with my arms folded. "Before I cut up."

"Cut up nigga you not going to do shit," Cairo glared at me.

Before I could even get up Chris tighten his grip on me and locked his hands together.

Better be glad he's holding me back.

"See that's why we don't get along because you always want to be an asshole just like your damn 'bother'," I folded my arms over my chest.

"Oh please," Chris and Cairo mumbled in unison.

Darrin laughed and opened his bag of chips before forcing a handful in his mouth.

"Alright now, we don't have all morning to tell this so let's go chop chop, I got somebody to see around ten. I needs my rest," Darrin looked at his watch.

"I've been around way longer than him," Cairo started.

"I was born 1953 on August 19th in that very same hospital on Deathstreet and Chris there well Greg was boring 1961 on May 5th. We mainly grew up together until, well a freak accident happened, and I end up dying before I even got to meet Zari, well Mariana at the time."

"What happened?" Darrin asked.

"I was riding a snowmobile way to fast, hit a rock I didn't see in the ground, causing me to flip off it and smash into a big oak tree," He laughed.

I cringed a little then shook my head.

"That's terrible."

"Well things happen so I'm not tripping," He shrugged his shoulders.

"Any way since he's taking forever," Chris slid in while wiping his face.

"When he passed he was like my guardian angel he always use to keep me from doing things to cause any harm on myself or whoever I was with, but when I started dating Mariana that's when shit changed he just kept saying she's no good for me and cause all this shit. But I didn't care and that's when he stop trying to look over me, I thought I could look over myself and her and to my surprise it worked for a few years until that day we died."

I glanced up at him and a frown was spread across his lips.

"When I was dating Sade he still wasn't around, and I was just like fuck it I'm going to take Sade to be my queen and all that then he still didn't show up, so I killed all us, and that's when he showed up."

"Uhmm, I have a question," I confused.

"What's the question?"

"What do any of that have to do with y'all being brothers?" I glanced up at Chris.