Chapter 31 - Moonlit Lovers

After we were done visiting her father, Kasumi and I are walking along moonlit street..

"I'm so glad you and your father are on good terms again.."

"Me too!  I'm really, really happy.."

"But i wish i had more time to talk to him..." she added while gazing at the night sky..

"Oh!"

"I wanted to get a better explanation as to why he said i should give up on medicine before.."

(This is just like her..) but i'm sure she'd get mad if i said anything so i keep it to myself..

As we were walking along , Kasumi takes a long and deep breath...

"But...i guess it really did make me realize what i want to do with my life.."

"So, will you going to med school now ?"

"Yeah...that's what you been pushing me to do , right ?!" she pouts

"Hey , just what like your father said it'a for you to decide and for us to support you .."

"Hehehe , i know , i know i'm just kidding you know..." she giggled

"Hehehe , well i'll be cheering you on every step of the way.."

"If there's anything i can to help , just let me know , okay ?" he smiled

"Hehehe..well.."

she starst to grin mischievously..

"I might need a body to practice surgery on.."

"Whaaaaa ?"

"Ahahahaha !  Just kidding..!"  

Then Kasumi , suddenly stops walking..

"Kasumi ? is...everything okay ?"

Noticing her sudden stop , i stop and turn around as well..

"Mina...."

"Hmn ?"

"Thank you for all you did today ..i couldn't have face my father without you Mina...so thank you.."

"Oh' i didn't do anything , you're the one who made it all happen.."

" I just stood there....

"No..." she suddenly cuts me off

With a dim smile she shakes her head..

"I would never have been able to talk to my father like that alone.."

"I was only able to go through with it because i knew you were with me , Mina.." she continues

She starts to blush lightly and looks down..

"It's strange..."

"What is ?" he asked

"That only because you were there , Mina , was i  able to act like i did..."

She looks at me and speaks on a soft tone of voice..

" I really appreciate it ..Thanks..."

he was slightly taken a back by that lovely smile but..."It's my pleasure .." he smiled back

Her smiling face looks so beautiful in the moonlight that it takes my breath away..i'm instantly captivated..

We look at each other faces both of us are blushing right now..and then she..

...leans close to me..

"K-Kasumi ?"

My heart is pounding harder than i ever thought is possible..without saying a word she leans  even closer to me.

"Mina...."

She looks at me straight in the eyes..her blushing cheeks , luscious lips is captivating it feels like i'm being drawn to them..

"I'm glad you're with me right now.." she said

"really glad..." and then a single tear rolls down to the side of her smiling face...

And then , the feeling inside me that have been building up over this entire time are about to overwhelm me ..

( i wonder , i wonder if i can tell her how i feel now...)

I gather my resolve and began to speak..

"Kasumi ...i...uh.."

"Y-yeah..."

"I have something i want you to hear , i uh..."

Her smile is so beautiful in the moonlight..if i could stare at it forever without saying a word, but...

"I....."

"Yeah...."

*gulp*

"Kasumi i......i love you..."

instantly, she looks at me in surprise, and she smiles back at me...

(oh crap, did  i blew this up ? she's going to reject me , she's going to reject me....oh boy here it goes...)

i brace myself for the worse...and then she began to speak..

"Yeah." 

and then, large tears start rolling out from the corner of her eyes..

(yeah ?....yeah like no ? or yeah like yes ? what kind of yeah is this ?)

"Me too..."

"You too ?...."

"I love myself too...." she said smiling...

"Oh! , oh..........." his shoulders drop as if a large heavy weight suddenly drop on his back , he feels a bit woozy..eyes blurry...

"I love you too , you silly !" then she suddenly embraced me.

Her arms wrapped around me she continues...

"I love you ! , i love you too , Mina !!"

"Kasumi !"

Happiness blooding to our hearts we hold each other tight , finally Kasumi starts to wipe her tears away..

"Please be with me , Forever !"

"Of course !!" he said with a wide smile from ear to ear..

"Promise ?"

"I promise..."

Under the light of the moon we exchange our vows , and we hold each other for what seems like an eternity .....