Chapter 12

The most voted suggestion was B1 ( you start a healthy relationship with May but Katsu finds you and kidnaps you and kills May.) I'm sorry Microwaveness and all those who wanted any of the other choices but don't worry there will be more decisions in the future! ゚*。(・∀・)゚*。

May drove me across town finally stopping in the middle of a neighborhood similar to my old one. This one seems a bit more rough, though.

Drug dealers roamed the street and, without hesitation, would sell out in the open. Prostitutes, open for business in the middle of the night, watch us drive by. Some sneered at the cherry red convertible but the majority stood with vacant eyes. May says nothing and continues down the empty road.

We drive for five more minutes with the same scenery before May turns into a long stretch of road leading somewhere over the horizon. The sun is just coming over, enough to blind me.

"We're almost there. I promise." May states, noticing my restlessness. We'd been driving for a good two hours non-stop. The top of the car is put up so I crack open a window to let the tense air in the car to move a little. We've passed the industrial part of town and forest now surrounds us. May still hasn't told me why she's helping me. If I were her I would probably just have left someone like me behind. But not only has she helped me escape from Katsu, she's letting me stay with her. A complete stranger. Of course, I'm used to strange women and girls wondering my apartment, before and after Haru's death. Rio would occasionally bring home women for the night, though it was rare. Looking at May now she doesn't look like the type to hire a man or women's service but then again just met her.

I stare at her a bit longer. The sun in front of us giving me a better view of her high cheek bones and dew drop freckles on her face. She has a heart shaped face that is accented well by her fiery mane that matches her personality. Bustier then me (or if you're busty or are male then ignore this!) she fills out nicely in her black dress. She is very attractive and a strange feeling, like when one of your limbs falls asleep, starts in my stomach.

"Need something, hon?" May's voice startles me. I blush when I realize I was still staring at her. Her blue eyes are amused as she smirks back at me. She must have seen me checking her out just like she did when we first met.

"No," I say back in a clipped tone. May just laughs at that and that kind of relaxes the strained atmosphere. I grin at her and chuckle at my own embarrassment.

I look toward the road again to see a sudden outline of a huge iron gate silhouetted by the rising sun. My mouth opens in amazement. The fence continues to the left and right for what seems like forever in both directions. Behind the fence, though, is what really catches my eye. A house, bigger then Haru's, stands alone. It's tall and proud with five stories and hundreds of acres of flowing grass. It's such an out of place to have an estate. There are no other buildings down this road for many miles so the manor stands alone against the heavy vegetation of the forest.

"Home sweet home."I can't be sure but I think I hear the bitterness in May's voice. She takes one hand off the wheel to wave at the guard at the gate. The guard only nods back then presses a button to open the gate. I've never seen a gate open by itself. My surprise and intrigue must show on my face because May giggles then closes my open mouth for me. I shoot her a glare but have to struggle to hide my smile.

There are many garage doors, however only two are open. When May notices this she curses under her breath. I give her a curious look.

A man in a very formal black tie uniform opens the two front doors in a huff. The red hue on his face extends back to his receding hairline.

"Madam Mary! The mistress of the house requires your audience at once. Your behavior is inexcusable and will not be tolerated in this household!" The man, a butler I would assume, yells out in one breath. I can't stop from giggling at May's real name. It's her turn to glare at me.