29

Steve blinked at me before Bucky asked, "Why did they give you away, or let themselves be caught?"

I thought for a moment trying to make my memory go back before I typed 'Left' I typed.

Bucky repeated what I had typed to Steve.

I looked at them before deciding that I was done answering their questions.

I walked back to Bucky, sitting on my back paws and lifting my front paws signaling I wanted to be picked up.

He complied, walking to the couch where he turned on Animal Planet. Bucky then wrapped me up in a blanket on the couch before walking with Steve to go to the elevator.

I silently watched them go before snuggling in the blanket and watching the TV by myself.

I fell asleep after a while of watching a nature documentary about Africa.
.
.
.
I woke up and there was light peaking through the windows.

I was still on the couch, by myself. I sighed and got up, jumping onto the floor to walk over to the bedroom door.

Bucky and Steve were asleep, and they left me on the couch.

They always grabbed me off the couch when they were going to bed.

Why'd they leave me this time? Was it because of what I'd told them? It probably was. I sniffled, and headed back out of their room.

I slid under the couch and curled up in a ball there.

After around half an hour, I heard them get up.

About five minutes later, I saw their feet go through the room and into the kitchen talking about some mission they'd been on.

I heard Bucky fill my bowl before calling my name.

I stayed where I was and stayed quiet. I watched him walk into the room. His feet stopped behind the couch, where I had been.

Before he called Steve over, "Where'd she go?" Bucky asked.

I climbed into the couch, if they looked under it they wouldn't find me.

They started searching the apartment for me, but they couldn't find me. Including under the couches.

They eventually went into the elevator to see if anyone else had seen me.

I climbed down from my hiding spot and ran into the kitchen to eat before they got back.