Chapter 7

I wake up in the morning, alone. Not that I had planned for someone to spend the night, its just that I forgot that Oliver is at Hoseok's house... And I'm just still much too hurt to see him right now. I then get an idea and go to my art studio, to paint my feelings. Besides the beach, painting was my escape.

**

I sit there for a while, staring at the clean canvas as I bite my quivering lip. Then my hand twitches as it reaches for the paint brush.

Colors gliding along the material of the canvas smoothly. Once again I'm crying as I paint, painting is my escape from pain. My paint brush falls to the floor as I realize what I've drawn. Its Nari and Hoseok in the dark, kissing like they had last night. "Why did I paint this!?" I scream as I grab a hold of it and throw it against the wall. I fall to my knees and cry in the palms of my hands. Whimpers leave my quivering lips. I then knock at the door.

I get up and walk over to the bathroom. I have paint all over my face and hands, well.. The paint takes the attention away from my puffy eyes. So I take a chance and walk over to the door. I take a deep breath and open the door.

My heart, breaking against my chest into a million pieces. "H-Hoseok.." I manage to say. He smiles at me widely, but I can't manage to smile back. "I thought I'd bring Oliver over since I have some stuff to do today... And I won't be home most if the day.." He says looking down at Oliver and let's go of the leash, letting him run into the house. "Oh yeah .. No. That's fine." I say. He hands me the food bag and I place it beside me out of site.

He looks into my eyes, the eyes that had seen what he was unaware of. "You okay?" He asks. I bite my lip. "You have paint on your face." He says. I touch my face forgetting that I did. "Oh.. I was painting." I tell him. He nods and looks down as he puts his hands in his front pocket. "So I'm guessing your date went well.." He says in a low voice. My grip tightens on the door knob as I fight the urge to break down I front of him.

"Yeah. Actually. It was quite amazing. I was really wrong about him." I say. He looks up at me slowly. "That's great..." He says. I feel the strong tension between us, like he had been hurt by what I said. We stand there for a while longer, words that wanted to be released never had been said. "Well.. I should go.. Its a busy day today.." He finally says as he takes a step back. "Yeah. Of course." I say. Then he turns and leaves without saying good bye.

I close the door, to only find myself sobbing again.

Why does it hurt so much? I barely met him, and he barely met me. I can't have these feelings for him. These unexplainable feelings that I refuse to let myself feel. He obviously has feelings for Nari. And I have no place for romance in his life, just friendship. And if that's all I am to him. That's okay too, not everything goes your way in life.

I wipe my tears and head to the bathroom to take a shower.

**

"No no." I laugh. "Yes." He says. "If someone tells you that you can't just ..." I'm cut off. "What are we talking about?" I hear my fathers voice as he walks into the small break room. I don't imagine him coming into this break room, ever. I see the look on Shawn's face as he lays eyes on my father. Like he's seen a celebrity.. Or a ghost.. A really amazing ghost. "Shawn?" I wave my hand in font of his face. "You okay?" I call. He looks at me and smiles.

"Yes I'm fine." He says. "Faith why don't you introduce me to your friend here?" My dad asks me. "Dad.. This is Shawn.." Is all I say before Shawn quickly stands up and bows to my father. "Its a pleasure to meet you sir." He says as he stands up straight. My dad smiles and nods. "As to you Shawn..." My dad sets his hand on Shawn's shoulder. "You are a very good looking man Shawn. Do you like my daughter?" I slap my forehead and hang my head low.