Part 45: Take Her

I slumped in my desk the next day in class before anyone got there. Mr. Duncan gave me a weird look like he couldn't believe I was one of the first students there. I gave him a thumbs up and he frowned, walking out of the classroom. Well, there went my one attempt of being nice for the day.

The chair next to mine scraped across the ground and I raised my head a little to see Xander sitting there with a worried look on his face.

"What happened with you know who after I left?" He asked, leaning forward on his knees in the isle between our desks. I lifted my head the rest of the way up and tucked my bags behind my ears before I answered him.

"That's a great question. I'm not really sure what happened, but he ended up making out with Hannah."

Xander's jaw dropped. "What the hell..."

I shrugged. I had wasted enough tears on Ryker last night that I refused to shed any more over him. "Yeah, he's a jerk and I hate him so I don't really care-"

"Uh, Eve-"

"-if he dumped me or whatever he did-"

"Eve! You need-" Xander tried to say, but once I was on a rant, there was absolutely no stopping me.

"-because he's an ignorant, infuriating, lying-"

"Eve..." Xander warned, slicing his hand across his throat, but I wouldn't have it.

"-cocky, mean, ugly, cheating assho-"

My chair tipped back on two legs and I scrambled to sit forward and put it back down on four legs. It wouldn't budge. Xander's eyes left my face and flew upwards as they widened.

"Cheating? That goes both ways, Angel," a deep voice rumbled as something cold and metallic scraped against my ear. I stiffened.

Damn. I had a big mouth, didn't I?

Xander opened his mouth. "Come on, man-"

My chair suddenly fell forward and smacked against the ground. I caught myself on my desk so I wouldn't topple over. Xander reached out a hand to steady me, earning a growl from the jerk-wad standing behind me.

I twisted around in my chair and met the electric gaze of Ryker's blue eyes. He ran his tongue over his lip piercing, raising an eyebrow as if he was daring me to say something.

Which I so totally was.

"So..." I drawled just as Hannah and her pumpkin friend walked in the room. "Back for more?" I winked seductively, making his eyes darken.

"I had plenty last night," he said, voice husky.

"Oh is that so? Did she slobber all over you like you claimed she does?" I asked, crossing my forearms on the back of my seat.

He glared at me and crossed his arms. As Hannah walked by him to get to her seat, he slinked his arm around her waist and nuzzled her neck. Right. In. Front. Of. Me.

She moaned and arched her neck higher to give him more access. He smirked and pressed a kiss right under her jaw.

If he thought he could make me jealous, then he had another thing coming.

"Can you not? I'm not trying to be sick before first period if you don't mind," I said, disgusted.

"I don't mind that at all," Ryker mumbled, resting his hands literally right on Hannah's ass as he continued to lay kisses farther down her neck. I clenched my fists when he reached the collar of her shirt and easily plucked it out of his way to drop another kiss on her bare shoulder.