Sandor Clegane X Reader - Song Bird

Working in a tavern in the middle of King's Landing had never been something you had planned. From a young age you had dreamt of meeting a Lord and becoming his Lady wife, but as you got older you had realised how unrealistic the dreams of little girls could be.

 You had only been 13 when you had started to work in the tavern; your mother had fallen ill and you had to find a way to pay the bills. But soon she had passed away and you needed to keep working to avoid living on the street. After a while you could recognise your regular customers coming too and from the tavern for both Ale and company, and after the 5 years of working there you had become a small family. Just you, the other barmaids, and the owner.

It was common that you would sing as you worked. You were never very busy, and you'd found quickly that many of the patrons found it soothing to hear a talented woman's voice singing to them on the daily. One Evening you had been dancing around with the other girls, singing to some of the elderly men who hung around on the regular and entertaining everyone who could catch a glimpse when the door was pulled open roughly and a huge man came walking in clad in armour, his sword at his hip. As the door swung shut behind him he stood watching you, with your back to him, singing, though everyone else had frozen at the sight of king Joffrey's personal guard coming through the doorway.

"Cat got your tongue?" you had joked to the barmaid across from you as you stopped singing to look at her shocked face. You heard a laugh come from behind you followed by an answer.

"More like a hound" he chuckled to himself as you span to face him, your cheeks reddening at his presence.

"I'm sorry ser, what can I get you?" you asked, stuttering over your own words as his eyes locked with yours a small frown on his face.

"I'm not a Knight," he grunted as he stomped towards the bar, leaving you in a stunned silence. "You can carry on singing, little bird, it was nice while it lasted" he added after he had ordered from another shocked barmaid.

"Oh, no, I was just stopping anyway, but thank you" you smiled sweetly at him as you moved from your spot in the middle of the room, "We aren't used to new customers around here, it's normally just the regulars and ourselves" you added, coming to stand opposite him where he leant on the bar. He was quite shocked that you managed to maintain eye contact as you spoke, your eyes never once drifting to his scarred cheek. He started to look over your face, finally noticing how beautiful you were. "It's why we sing, otherwise the boredom would get to us." He zoned back into your conversation, realising he had been staring at your face as you spoke to him, and you watched him expectancy waiting for a response from the large man sat across from you.

"Don't stop on my account, I plan on becoming a regular" he muttered as you beamed at him, before going to collect a cup from one of the the many tables scattered around the establishment.

After a few moments of silence, as you cleaned up, you had started to absent-mindedly hum to yourself, bringing a small smile onto the face of many customers, including Sandor, who turned to watch you. Before long you were back to how you had been before he had walked in, singing and dancing around with glee, singing specifically at certain people you knew well, as he watched on, a smile playing on his lips.

You eventually found your way back to the bar, and after having suddenly plucked up some courage you leant across the bar, slightly out of breath from your dancing, whispering "So Mr. regular, what's your name?" He chuckled at the new nickname before leaning in as you had before.

"Sandor," he answered, pausing for a moment and glancing at your smiling face. "Sworn sword to the king." You to tilted your head to the side for a second, as if you were thinking before seemingly coming to a decision.

"Well, Sandor, it was a pleasure to meet you" you grinned sticking out your hand to meet his and shake.

"The pleasure is all mine, Songbird," he smiled back before finishing the drink, putting some money on the counter and walking to the door, whistling a tune as he went. 

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x