Chapter 14

A/N: Thanks so much for all of the comments and votes on the previous chapters.
Hopefully you guys will like this chapter as well!!!
Please continue to comment, vote and fan at the end of the chapter!!!!

Enjoy!!!!

*

Today was finally moving day.
It's been a week since Rio's been out of the hospital and after giving him the ultimatum between his family and "the game" he's been home a lot lately.
Wrapping his arms around my waist he planted kisses on my neck.
"You almost finish packing?" He asked letting me go and smacking my ass.
Quickly grabbing my butt cheek I turned around to face him.
"Don't do that."
Smiling he walked into the bathroom closing the door behind him and starting the shower.
Sitting on the bed I noticed the bags and boxes filling the room.
I don't know where I developed a shopping addiction all of the sudden.
"Where you going?" Celia asked pouting while walking into the room.
"Today is my last day here--you should be happy your gettin' your space back." I joked while taping the boxes closed.
She frowned and leaned her back against the dresser.
"I'm sad to see you go, we really had time to bond with each other."
"I know." I smiled hugging her.
"I guess I can help move the things to the truck." She said pulling from the hug and grabbing a bag of clothes then leaving the room.
"Thanks Celia."
I was eager about moving into Rio's house. A lot of things were going to be different having our own space.
I just hoped everything worked out for the better and Rio didn't go back to his old ways.
The bathroom door opened and out walked a half naked Rio. His chest glistened from the water drops that rolled down his torso.
Dressed in only his Polo Ralph Lauren boxers he made his way over towards the dresser.
My eyes followed his every move as he was turning me on.
We hadn't slept together since the first time and my body was craving more of him.
"What?" He asked as he slipped his shirt over his head.
Adverting my eyes I began taping another box closed.
"Boy please." I chuckled to myself.
He always knew when I was checking him out.
"I saw you lookin'." He said cockily
I gave him a look of disgust.
"Don't flatter yourself."
Rolling my eyes I continued sealing the boxes.
Putting on his pants and slipping into his Nike sandals he made his way over to me kissing my lips passionately.
"Mario?" Celia said walking into the room causing Rio to break from the kiss.
"What's up?"
"It's two men outside looking for you." She said with worry. "I told them you don't live--."
Rio cut her off by walking towards the front door.
Following him and Celia not far behind we walked outside. Two men dressed in suits stood in the driveway with their backs facing the house.
"Who y'all lookin' for?" Rio asked as he walked outside getting their attention.
One of the men turned towards him.
"Are you Mario Johnson?" He asked while extending his hand for a shake.
Ignoring the offer Rio kept his hands in his pant pockets.
"Who wanna know?" He frowned.
"I'm Detective Patch, we need you to take a ride downtown with us?"
"For what?" Rio snapped.
"In regards to the disappearance of Megan Richards."
My eyes widened as those words left his lips.
"What?--y'all think my son was involved?" Celia asked.
"We have reason to believe he was ma'am." The other Detective spoke.
Rio's light brown eyes turned red with fury.
"There's no reason for me to go downtown when I can tell you right here--I don't know what the fuck you talkin about."
"Don't make this difficult Mr. Johnson." Officer Patch said annoyed.
Rio gave him an evil look.
"Yo, get the fuck off my property." He snapped while walking back towards the house. "Y'all come on." He instructed his mother and I.
Noticing Rio's rage Celia didn't waste anytime following behind him.
Once we were inside the house Rio closed the front door.
"Stay away from their asses." He warned us.
"You didn't hurt that girl did you?" Celia asked nearly in tears.
Ignoring her Rio walked towards the guest house.
"I hope he didn't have anything to do with her disappearing."
Sighing to myself I shook my head in disappointment.
If it wasn't one thing it was another.
Things were going great and now this.
Walking into the guest house Rio sat on the bed lacing his Jordan's.
"Your mom is a wreck." I said grabbing my hair basket from the dresser.
"You think I had somethin' to do wit it?" He asked raising his eyebrow.
"No."
I spoke with confidence.
"That's all that matters." He said standing to his feet. "Our priority is this family."
Pulling me into his arms he kissed my forehead.
I was beginning to love what we were becoming.
"Am I interruptin'?"
Turning towards the door I noticed Black standing in the doorway.
Upset that everyone kept interrupting our moments I picked a box up from the floor and Rio took it from me.
"What up Lauren?" Black greeted.
Giving him a forced smile I began packing away the hair basket.
"Take this to the car." Rio said handing him the box he'd taken from me moments ago.
"Nigga, I ain't come over here to work." He said seriously looking him up and down.
"Why you here then?"
Black took in a deep breath
"You wasn't answerin' yo phone but two cops came to the shop lookin' for you."
Rio rubbed his hand over his hair.
"They just came here--you didn't give them this address did you?" Rio asked.
"Why would I do that?" Black asked with his lips twisted. "U think I'm a goofy?"
"My fault B."
Black shook his head in acceptance.
"Take this to the car though. Fo' real." Rio said giving him the box.
Black was annoyed but he took the box from him leaving the room.
"You lucky people keep interruptin'." Rio said smiling while taking a box out of the room.
Laughing to myself I finished packing the rest of my things.
It didn't take long moving everything to Rio's house.
Black complained the entire time about helping.
"I'm a barber. I don't move furniture." He complained.
"Nigga, you carryin' two small ass boxes." Rio said opening the front door stepping into the house."You complain too much." He added.
Walking into the house after them I dropped the only bag Rio allowed me to carry to the floor.
He was being so overprotective of this baby already. I could only imagine how it was going to be once she was here.
Black and Rio walked upstairs to take the boxes into the bedroom while I roamed the house.
Everything was beautiful but I immediately noticed the house didn't have a woman's touch to it at all.
Naked women paintings hung from the wall and a picture in black and white of all the original gangsters.
Making a mental note to garbage those things when I had the chance I walked over towards the window pulling back the curtains.
The view was so peaceful and serene.
I could already feel that I was going to love living here.
Noticing a black car pulling in front of the house my heart stopped when I saw it was the Detectives from earlier.
They had followed us here.
"What you lookin' at?"
Spinning around and almost dying of fright my eyes landed on Black.
"Damn, I didn't mean to scare you." He quickly apologized.
"What's up?" Rio asked as he walked downstairs.
Finally putting my heart back in my chest I was able to speak.
"Those Detectives from earlier followed us here."
Rio balled his hands into fists.
Walking over towards us he pulled the curtains closed.
"Fuck them." He said grabbing my hand. "I don't want you worryin' about that shit. It's not good for you."
Nodding my head in agreement we walked away from the window.
"It's more boxes in the truck." He said to Black. "Don't pay their ass any attention when we go out here." He informed him.
Opening the front door they walked outside.
I walked upstairs to the bedroom to start unpacking.
Rio had so many clothes it was hard for me to find anywhere to put my things.
Walking into the closet I moved all of his things to one side hanging my clothes next to them.
Taking one of his oversized t-shirts I took a shower slipping it on afterwards.
By time I came back downstairs Black was gone and Rio sat on the couch watching TV.
"Black left already?" I asked while walking towards the couch.
"Yea. He said he had some stuff to do."
Sitting next to him I took the remote from his hand.
He gave me the look of death.
"What are you--?"
"Shhh bae. We gon watch a movie." I said while flicking through TV channels.
"I rather make a movie." He smirked.
"Your disgusting." I said laughing out loud.
Turning on a horror movie I cozied next to him in his arms as his hand rested on my stomach.
It felt good to be in our own space.
"I can't wait til our son gets here." He said rubbing my stomach.
"It's going to be a girl and we're naming her Brianna."
"Hell nah. It's not gon be a girl but if it is her name definitely won't be Brianna--so since we're having a boy he's gonna be a junior."
Sitting up I looked at him noticing he was serious.
"Baby I love your name and all but I don't think the world is ready for another Mario Johnson." I joked.
Frowning he kissed his teeth.
"Damn, what that mean?"
Laughing out loud I pecked his lips.
"Nothin'." I said assuring him.
Pulling away I directed my attention back to the TV.
"Mario? I think it's time you met Nicholas." I said glancing at him.
He didn't utter a word and his facial expression was the same from when we found out I was pregnant.
"You think your ready for that?" He finally asked.
Looking at him I crossed my arms over my chest.
"I think it's time you've met my family."
I couldn't believe he was questioning me.
"If you want me to meet your family then I can do that."
Happy that he agreed I straddled his lap facing him wrapping my arms around his neck.
"Thank you baby." I said kissing his lips.
I always loved the way his soft lips felt against mine. The kisses becoming more passionate as he grabbed two handfuls of my ass cheeks squeezing them.
His member was slightly up and my hormones were raging.
Lifting his shirt from my body I dropped it to the floor revealing my lavender Victoria Secret panty set. I noticed him biting down on his bottom lip.
I could tell he was pleased at the sight before him.
Taking one of my breast into his hands he began caressing it as his lips worked my neck.
Unhooking my bra the straps fell to my shoulders as his hands massaged my back and my lips met his again.
Removing the bra I dropped it to the floor as well.
Helping him out of his shirt my hands roamed his chest tracing his shoulder stitches with my fingers I kissed his lips again before standing to my feet.
Grabbing his hand he stood from the couch and I led him upstairs to the bedroom.
I could feel his eyes on my body as we walked up the stairs. I opened the room door and instructed him to lay onto the bed.
Rio smirked as he did what he was told.
Laying across the bed with his hands behind his head I loosened his belt helping him out of his boxers and pants.
Taking on full control I took his member into my hand.
"Damn." He hissed as I stroked him.
Going a little faster he grabbed my hand to stop me.
"Not yet--turn over."He instructed.
Slipping my cheeky panties off with his teeth I got on all fours while he positioned himself behind me.
I wanted Rio just as bad as I knew he wanted me.
He began kissing my back and I inhaled a deep breath as I felt him enter me. It was like the first time all over again.
Tightening myself around him he waited until I relaxed to start moving slowly in and out of me.
I moaned uncontrollably while clawing at the bedsheets.
I didn't want this moment to end. I could feel him going deeper and deeper inside of me as I bucked back in his direction.
Removing his self from me he panted.
I could tell he was on the verge of tapping out.
"Damn girl."
Smirking to myself we changed positions and he climbed on top wrapping my legs around his waist.
Gently kissing my lips he inserted his self back inside my warm juices.
I tossed my head back into the pillow as he hit all of the right spots.
He caressed my breast before he quickened his pace. My breathing sped up as I was almost at my climax.
"Mario, I can't--." Unable to finish my sentences my legs began to shake as I tightened myself around him again spilling my juices onto him.
He grunted loudly and pulled me hard against him as he exploded before collapsing on top of me.
Sweat covered both of our bodies and he kissed my forehead before pulling out of me and rolling over onto his back.
Standing up from the bed I wrapped the sheets around my body while walking towards his dresser to grab another shirt of his.
Pulling out the shirt I noticed a red thong laying under it.
"Mario?" I asked while turning to face him.
He laid in the bed scrolling through his phone.
"Sup beautiful?"
"Who does this belong to?" I asked holding them up. "You keepin' souvenirs?"
Standing up from the bed he walked over to me.
"Don't start--it's old." He said taking it from me.
"Who did they belong to?"
Ignoring me he took a pair of boxers and shirt from the drawer before closing it and leaving the room.
I stood in the middle of the floor shocked.
Getting out of the shower I dressed before joining him downstairs.
He walked out of the downstairs bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.
"We need to talk."
"About?" He asked raising his eyebrow.
"Those panties--are you hiding somethin'?" I asked with attitude.
"Nah, I'm not." He said calmly while dropping his towel and slipping into his boxers.
"So why don't you wanna tell me who they belonged to?"
"Because it's not important. Don't make a big deal out of it bae." He said dismissing the conversation.
He started up the stairs towards the bedroom and I followed.
I wasn't going to let this go.
"Was it Megan's, Alaina's, that bitch you were at the mall wit?"
He shot me an evil look.
"I told you I didn't fuck that girl." He snapped.
Taking in a deep breath he stepped into his jogging pants.
"Since you wanna know so bad they belonged to Alaina."
I rolled my eyes at him.
"Why do you still have them?"
"I didn't know they were in there." He assured me while putting on his shoes.
"Where are you goin?" I asked.
"I gotta go to the barbershop."
"You remember I asked you to meet my family right?"
"That's today?" He asked as he put on his shirt and fitted hat.
I crossed my arms under my chest.
"Ight. Meet me at the shop and we can go from there." He said kissing my forehead and leaving out of the room.
Picking up the phone I called Aunt Lo to inform her I was bringing Rio over to meet everyone and she agreed to it.
"I can't wait to meet this guy you won't stop talking about." She said into the phone.
"Your gonna like him." I assured her.
"I hope so." She joked.
Over the past month Aunt Lo has become more of a mother figure to me than an Aunt.
We talked on the phone almost everyday only if it was to say good morning or good night but I hadn't told her about my pregnancy.
I couldn't wait to see Nicholas.
Finding the linen closet in the house I changed the sheets on the bed before climbing in.
I placed my hand over my stomach. I knew it was too soon to feel anything but I was still shocked that I was pregnant again.
Thoughts filling my mind I drifted off to sleep.

***
Waking up I looked at the clock and it displayed 7:32 pm. I had slept majority of the day away and Rio still wasn't back from the barbershop.
Getting out of the bed I walked into the bathroom starting the sink water to wash my face and brush my teeth.
My stomach began growling as I cut the sink water off.
Walking into the kitchen I checked the refrigerator.
Opening the door I saw all of the makings for a sandwich sitting before me.
It was sad how Rio's refrigerator was barely stocked with food considering all the money he had.
Spreading the Miracle Whip over the bread I added turkey meat, cheese and mustard to the sandwich before putting it together and bringing it to my mouth.
Finishing the sandwich I walked upstairs to get dressed.
Pulling out an a simple shirt I paired it with a pair of dark denim jeans and flats.
Combing my hair into a messy bun I grab my purse and keys before leaving the house.
As I walked towards the truck I noticed the detectives still sitting outside the house.
It gave me an uneasy feeling but brushing it off I climbed into the truck starting it up and pulling off.
Looking out the rear view mirror I relaxed when I saw no one was following me.
Arriving at the shop in no time I parked the car making my way across the street.
"Do you have any clientele?" Rio asked a man as I walked into the shop.
He briefly looked at me and smirked.
I waved and took a seat in front of the shop while he finished interviewing a potential hire.
"Your pro-folio looks good." He said handing him back his book. "When you tryna start?"
Smiling the man tuck his binder under his arm.
"Tomorrow." He assured Rio.
"Okay, cool. I'll see you tomorrow--what's your name again bruh?"
"Glenn."
Rio shook his hand and Glenn turned to leave the shop saying goodbye to me as he walked pass.
"Finally, I get some help around hea." Black joked.
Rio made his way over to me as I stood to my feet.
Wrapping his arms around me he kissed my cheek.
"You ready?" He asked raising his eyebrow.
"Yea, I don't wanna keep them waiting."
Pulling my keys from my purse I leaned against the door.
"I gotta grab somethin' from the back." He said walking off. "I'll meet you in the car." He added before disappearing into the back room.
"You lookin' nice." Black said smiling.
"Thanks." I smiled back while opening the door.
"Hold up, I'll walk you." He said following after me. "You know it's dangerous out here. You shouldn't be walkin' alone."
Crossing the street I unlocked the doors.
Black opened the driver's door for me as I slipped into the car.
"Thanks Black."
"No problem." He smirked.
Sitting my purse on the floor beneath my seat I noticed Rio walking across the street towards us holding a brown bag.
Approaching the car he glanced back and forth between Black and I before dapping him.
"I'll see you later foolie." Rio said making his way over towards the passenger's door.
"Yep." Black said closing the car door and slightly waving before making his way back across the street.
Turning towards Rio he closed the car door while stuffing the brown bag into his hoodie pocket.
"What's that?" I asked starting the car.
"Don't worry about it, your Uncle gon like it." He said smiling.
Shaking my head I pulled off in the direction of my Aunt's house.
The entire ride to her house my heart pounded against my chest.
I hoped they took well to Rio and most importantly I hoped Rio didn't feel a certain way about meeting Nicholas.
Pulling up to the house and parking we stepped from the car making our way towards the house.
"Are you nervous?" I asked Rio as I knocked on the door.
"I'm good." He assured me with his hands in his hoodie pockets.
Hearing the locks on the door turn Aunt Lo's face appeared through the screen door.
"You made it." She smiled while opening the screen door.
I could feel tears welling up in the back of my eyes.
Damn hormones.
Pulling Rio into a hug she smiled and winked her eye at me causing me to laugh out loud.
"I've heard so much about you Mr. Mario--y'all come inside."
She held the door open as we walked into the house.
Roland stood in the middle of the living room floor as we walked into the room.
"Rio?" He asked and smiled.
Rio smiled back as he made his way over to Roland dapping him.
"Yo! What's good?" Rio asked pulling from the hug. "I ain't seen you in a minute."
Roland smiled as he hugged me returning his attention back towards Rio.
"I been good."
Aunt Lo glanced at me before turning to face them.
"Let me get this straight, y'all know each other?" She asked with her eyebrow raised.
"Do we?" Roland asked. "I'm the one that taught this man everything he knows about cuttin' hair."
Rio nodded his head in agreement.
"You still got that shop open in the hood?"
"Yeah man. I'm lookin for another barber--you should come up there."
Taking a seat on the couch I listened to their conversation while Aunt Lo left the room to get Nicholas.
"I don't know." Roland said cautiously.
"Think about it and get back to me on it."
Rio removed his hoodie and pulled the brown bag from his pocket.
"What you got there?" Roland asked while taking the bag from Rio's hand.
Pulling a bottle of Hennessy from the bag he shook Rio's hand.
"Alright." Roland smiled. "Everybody gon have to do a shot after dinner."
"A shot of what?" Aunt Lo asked as she walked into the room with Nicholas in her arms.
He was wide awake dressed in a onesie holding a teething ring to his mouth.
His eyes landed on Rio and he couldn't take his eyes off of him.
Rio made his way over to Aunt Lo as she passed Nicholas to him.
"What up lil man." He said taking him into his arms.
Nicholas went for his chain around his neck.
"Nah, you can't have that." Rio joked while tucking his chain inside his shirt.
It felt good seeing him bond with Nick-Nick.
Aunt Lo stood back and smiled as they continued interacting with each other.
"It's about time for him to eat--You wanna feed him?" Aunt Lo asked as she turned towards me.
Nodding my head yes I followed her into the kitchen.
"You look like you put on a little weight since the last time I saw you." She said while taking the top off of the Gerber jar.
I was barely showing and she was already noticing my weight change.
How was that possible I questioned myself.
Deciding not to reply I took the jar from her as she handed it to me.
Walking back into the living room Rio had put Nicholas asleep just that fast.
"He fell asleep on me."
Roland laughed and I took a seat next to Rio on the couch.
Trying to feed Nicholas was a challenged because he didn't want to wake up from his peaceful nap.
Getting him to eat a few spoonfuls I decided to leave him alone.
Picking him up I took him back into his room laying him in the crib.
Bending over and kissing his forehead before I pulled his blanket over his body.
"Goodnight baby."
Leaving the room I rejoined everyone in the living room.
Roland and Rio had found a basketball game to watch on TV as Aunt Lo sat on the couch listening to them talk.
"I'm gonna set the table--Lauren you'll help?"
Following her into the kitchen she sat four place settings for everyone before sitting the food onto the table.
Pot roast, macaroni, sweet potatoes and cornbread lined the table in different pots.
"Your not pregnant again are you?" She asked out of nowhere. "I heard Mario mention somethin about a nursery."
No need in hiding it anymore I admitted.
Her face lit up with happiness.
"Nick-Nick's gonna have a little brother."
"It's gon be a girl and her name is goin to be Brianna." I assured her.
"Brianna? No." She frowned.
Laughing to myself I continued setting the table.

***

After dinner everyone sat in the living room.
"Rio, tomorrow ima stop by the shop to see if you still got it."
"I got it." Rio said cockily and Roland laughed.
Pulling out the Henny bottle Roland poured shots for everyone except for me of course.
Sitting back I watched as everyone took their shots.
Rio tossed his back like it was nothing while Roland face scrunched up as he took a deep swallow. Aunt Lo face twisted up as she finished her shot turning her shot glass upside down.
Rio and Roland laughed at her.
"You tappin' out?" Roland asked and she stuck up her middle finger at them.
I loved that everything was going great but in the back of my mind the phrase "All good things must come to an end" kept replaying through my head.