Chapter 18: A Day With Chase Peterson - Part 2

To say that Chase was shocked, would be an understatement. I could tell that he really wasn't expecting what I said. His eyes widened and I can't help but still feel guilty about what I did. What I did was completely by spur of the moment. Drake wasn't even expecting what I did!

"You mean, that boy who hugged you and talked to you when we were about to leave for Halifax?" He asked and I nodded.

"And he was Xander's ex-best friend and he's your best friend now?" He asked and I nodded again.

"And you kissed him?" Again, I nodded my head, the guilty feeling still present.

"Holy shit." He mumbled and that was enough to make me cry.

I pulled my legs against my chest and let my head hung low. I sobbed and sobbed until my heart's extent.

No matter how much I tried to convince myself that what I did was completely by spur of the moment, I still can't help but let the guilt consume me. I mean, I didn't mean to cheat on Xander, especially with his best friend, but I was just so mad and lost at that time, that I didn't know what I was doing. Xander also did cheat on me with my best friend, but I'm not like him!

When I saw what Megan and Xander was doing, I felt so much pain inside me. It was my first time that my best friend completely betrayed me, so it was times two the pain. And since Xander was also my first boyfriend at that time, it was times three the pain. So I did what I could only think about when I was completely drunk off my mind, and it was to kiss Drake.

When I was drunk, Drake was the first person that popped up in my mind. Whenever Xander and I would fight, he'd be the first person I would go to and seek comfort. He was there for me all the way, and he was the only person that understood what I felt. Not even Megan understood what I felt.

I felt an arm around me and a person pulling me towards him. He caressed my hair and he lifted my head, letting it rest on his chest.

"Shhh don't cry, Ams." He cooed and I felt a huge dé jà vú hit me.

I didn't respond to what he said, I just continued on crying until there were no more tears that fell.

"Ams. . ." He started, but I didn't bother to reply.

The tears already stopped, but I just kept quiet, trying to process all the things I've told him. I wasn't really about to tell him about my past, but I know that I have to tell someone about this somehow because it's the only way that I could finally move on from what happened.

He finally made me look at him and he looked at me straight in the eye. "You don't have to tell me the rest of the story, you know." He informed, and all I did was shake my head.

"You have to know. I can't leave you hanging like that. And besides, you won't understand the reason why I hate them with passion if I don't tell you the whole story." I replied, breaking eye contact and looked at the ground.

"I think I already know the reason why." And again, I just shook my head in response.

"You don't. Trust me. That's not the reason why I hate them. The things I've told you are just like five percent of why I hate them. So really, that's not the real reason why I hate them." I said, looking back at him, as he gave me a confused stare.

I sighed, and started telling him what happened next. "So when I kissed Drake, Xander sort of saw and Megan was beside him. Then, I felt someone rip me away from Drake. When I looked at who did that, I saw Xander, his jaw clenched and hands forming in fists. Megan stood next to him, mouth hanging agape and looking at us back and forth. Xander started to ask Drake what the hell was that, and Drake just kept looking at me. When he saw my impassive face, he sighed and. . . covered for me." I said while shaking my head.