Chapter Thirty-eight

Xavier's pov

"Sì, la ragazza per i soldi" I said in Italian to the other person on the phone.

There was a long silence before he replied. "Oggi?"

"Oggi" I repeated.

"Abbiamo un accordo" he replied

"Meglio non roba questo in su Xavier" he warned.

"Lo non sono come mio padre" I replied thinking about the deal my father had made with him a long time ago.

God, did he screw things up. We all used to be in peace but that was until the father had stuffed up this deal with them and we all went to war. Nearly killing everyone. It was all father's fault but he never wanted to admit it. It only makes us stronger, boy fathers voice rang through my head. Up till then I was taught to have no fear it was like blood was my happiness.

But time has come and it's time to overthrow my father as the leader but the only way I could do that was to marry someone.

All the girls were the same, but I had to choose one and I choose Isabelle. She had witnessed a murder seeing too much she had to stay with us. All she wanted was money. I had a lot of money, maybe too much so I chose her wanting to be the leader as soon as possible.

I heard a knock on the door and signalled for whoever it was to come in.

I didn't bother to look up to see who walked in as I knew exactly who it was.

"Bring Damien, Steve and Richard to my office; now" I said sternly and bluntly.

"But sir they're in a very important meeting" Mary said.

"Do I have to repeat myself?" I asked annoyed.

"No sir" she immediately replied looking at the ground.

I glanced up at her to see her still standing there and I raised my eyebrow at her. She immediately scurried out the door making sure to close the door on the way out.

I closed my eyes in frustration and went back to figuring out this stupid code that we we're trying to figure out.

The door suddenly opened and in came Damien, Steve and Richard with annoyed looks on their face.

"What is so important to bring us out of a very important meeting?" Damien asked annoyed.

"It's about the girl" I replied sitting up straight.

"What about the girl?" Steve asked looking directly at the blade he was sharpening.

"I made a deal with one of our, let's say companions" I started

"Whatever it is leave the girl out of this" Damien glared at me.

"May be a bit too late" I replied avoiding eye contact with Damien.

"What's the deal now?" Richard asked scanning a picture of my mother and I.

I stood up and snatched the picture away from Richard and sat back down.

"Ten million dollars for the girl" I replied.

"How does a girl cost ten million dollars?" Steve asked.

"Dont know, don't care" I replied.

"We are not selling her" Damien said sternly.

"I haven't finished" I said slightly annoyed.

"As I was saying we are going to get her back, don't ask how" I said my eyes lingering on Damien.

"Why?" Steve asked amusement filled his eyes.

"Someone has a crush" Richard sang.

"I do not like her" I said coldly.

"Then why?" Steve repeated.

"Because then my father gave free money to Avery's dad just so Avery's dad can give Avery to our companion" I explained.

"Sure" Richard replied not believing me, turning around and leaving, followed by Steve.

I raised my eyes to Damien who still lingered in my office. He gave me a dead serious look.

His words were more like a warning. "Don't stuff this up" before walking out, leaving me with my thoughts.

I watched his retreating figure and pinched the bridge of my nose. How the hell was I going to execute this plan and bring her back safely? Knowing I'd have Damien to answer to if something went wrong I just had to hope everything went smoothly.

××

I felt Avery peering over my shoulder and I quickly exchanged glances with Damien then Steve and lastly Richard.

"prego perdonami per quello che sto per fare" I said mumbling the last part.

"What?" Avery asked having no clue what I just said.

I swiftly took out the needle and jabbed it into Avery's left leg.

Saddness and disbelief suddenly filled me. What is going on with me?

Her eye's shifted between all of us lingering on me. I knew it was wrong to look at her but I couldn't help meet her eyes that held disbelief.

She slightly wobbled and I moved to steady her but she instantly shoved me away with a glare, "Don't" she warned me.

I was surprised she could still hold herself. This dose was meant to knock out anyone in a matter of seconds, but Avery is stubborn and she wouldn't let anyone have the satisfaction.

Her legs started to give way and she started to fall as I caught her with my hands. I stared down at the beautiful angel in my hands as I tried to ignore the feeling in my gut. I know she's innocent and she doesn't deserve any of this. But I hadn't treated her poorly and she did make a deal with me. And I know for a fact she wouldn't have willingly agreed to this plan.

As her eyes fluttered close my eyes lingered on her angelic face. I blinked away and forced myself to look elsewhere before I re-thought the plan.

I focused my attention on the end game and looked at the others.

"Richard and Steve, you're at the back and your job is to tie her up" I handed her to Steve before getting up.

Before leaving I turned around with one last bit of advice. "Make sure you put tape on her mouth too".

××

So what do you think about Xavier's pov? Also a long chapter for those who were saying that the other chapter's were too short. Might not be updating in a while maybe 2 weeks sorry guys.

Remember to comment and vote.
~ Ashley