Mo Meta's Mo Problems

"Strange," was all Parker could utter when asked about Barry's attitude during the metapocolypse. She believed the chaos ensuing throughout the city would have caused him to lock her in S.T.A.R. Labs and refuse to let her leave. Don't get her wrong, he did just that, however, he didn't go to the great lengths he normally would to keep her safe. He cautioned leaving the building once. For Barry Allen, the worrier of all worrier's, that was strange

Rogue meta's under Zoom's control only came out when the sun disappeared. At night was when their terror reigned the city. It was then when the remaining CCPD battled against them. 

It was then when Barry, as the Flash, zipped throughout the city to save people in danger and collect meta's. Ones that he did catch were shoved into the Accelerator Ring cells. It came to a point where Barry had to push multiple people into one cell. They were overcrowding. 

Parker did her best to feed each one, or to throw in books or magazines to entertain them. Despite their terrible side-choosing, she felt bad. She thought, maybe, not all of them were bad. It wasn't hard for Zoom to force one under his controls. Alas, she searched for hints from any of the imprisoned meta's, in case they could be of use in the fight against Zoom. 

"Parker! Parker, Parker, Parker!"

Said woman looked to the glowing green meta. "Time?" she asked.

"Thirteen minutes."

"Thirteen minutes?" repeated Parker.

"Ma'am," snapped the meta.

"See, you aren't so terrible after all," she said proudly, "Now, if anyone needs me, holler. I probably won't hear you, but there's a chance that I will. Goodbye!"

Parker skipped back to the elevator. She hit the button with her hip. Standing in front of the doors, she let out a deep yawn, one that caused her eyes to shut for a few brief seconds. By the time her yawn passed, she was faced with the interior of the elevator.

"Baby!" shouted Barry happily.

"Hi, how are you--"

"How's your Mommy treating you?" cooed Barry, bending over to speak to her stomach, "Has she fed you today? Any fruit? I bought her some cherries, I know she loves those."

"Is this what my life is reduced to? A vessel for the love of his life?" muttered Parker to Iris.

"He's excited," said Iris.

The doors slid open. Parker pushed Barry's face away from her stomach to get away as fast as possible. 

"Guys!" panted Cisco, running to greet them, "You have to come see this!"

"Cisco, what are you...?" asked Parker.

He proceeded to run into the Cortex, forcing the three to follow hurriedly, fearing the worst. They came to a shocked stop in the doorway.

"Caitlin?" asked Barry quietly. 

"She's in shock," diagnosed Henry, as he poked and prodded her with different medical tools, "a little dehydrated and malnourished, but I think she'll be fine."

Henry moved away. 

Caitlin, her eyes incredibly glossy, tried her best to smile up at Barry and Parker. "I'm okay," she said softly.

"What happened? How did you get away?" asked Barry with the same tone. He knelt in front of her, taking her trembling hands in his own for reassurance. 

"He... let me go. I didn't think he would; I thought it was a trap. But... he told me you were dead," explained Caitlin. 

"I'm not. I'm right here. We're all here, together," assured Barry.