Chapter 14: Going with the flow

Monday

{Alex's P.O.V}

The weekend passed faster than I imagined, All I really did was lay around and watch Alyssa playing some games and even invited Emma and them over to help. Alyssa really liked that, she enjoyed being around Emma and Sasha the most. Although I couldn't stop thinking about Jordan the whole time wondering what could be going through his head.

The only reason I had to watch Alyssa is because Mom is really hitting it off with Dave. I'd hate to see that guy become our step dad. I could find a better guy then Dave for my mom on tinder for fucks sake.

I groaned realizing it was Monday and I had to go to school in 45 minuets. I through a beanie over my sloppy hair and changed my outfit into sweatpants and a t-shirt. I grabbed my glasses throwing them on making my way downstairs when I missed a stair and slid down the last few stairs so all you hear was, Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud! Clash! Groan. "Ughhhh...." I rubbed my butt in slight pain. "Damn stairs." I cursed under my breath. "Alex are you alright?" I heard my Mother snickering from the other room. I lightly chuckled too, "Yeah, Im fine just slipped down 6 stairs!" I said jokingly. She laughed handing me my lunch. "Have a good day dear." She planted a big kiss on my forehead waving me off.

--And so my day begins with me falling down six stairs, how lovely. I carelessly wandered to school ignoring all the comments, Shoves, and looks. It seems this school will wash over a subject when a new juicy one comes into play or some get tired of what's happening eventually. So all I have to do is wait it out... I opened my locker to have thousands of papers fly out, I picked one up and it said fag. I shrugged and got what I needed and went into class without care today since I was so tired. While waiting for class to begin Emma sat in the desk infront of me and we talked about my sister and what we should do this week or weekend, then a familiar face came into play and walked to my desk.

"Alex, we need to talk." The blond with blue eyes said. "Last time you said that, you were being a jerk." I scoffed. Emma looked at me and Jordan confused of what was happening. "Look, I know I was stupid but I just want to set things straight." I laughed softly at the inside joke I was thinking of before I nodded and stood up. "Ill be back?" I gestured towards Emma, She nodded. I leaned against the locker in the hall and waited for him to say something. He let out a sigh and hung his head low, "I just want to be friends, not rivals nor lovers. Im sorry about Friday." I gave a weak smile, "Then im glad. If I cant be your lover then at least I can be your friend. Thanks." I looked up at him smiling on the outside but he doesn't know im dying on the inside the closer I get to him as a friend the more its gonna hurt me knowing we cant be together but I just want to be with him. He smiled greatfully back before we both took our seats next to each other in first period math.

Before math was over Jordan turned to me, "I totally forgot we still have to keep working on that year long report." I nodded, "Want to work on some of it at my place then?" I suggested. "Yeah that would be okay." He said grabbing his stuff leaving for second period.

Throughout the day I still got dirty looks and shoved around as usual, but ive surely noticed Jordan's bad-ass vibe disappearing. Im kinda glad though, He doesnt have to pretend to be someone he's not anymore.

{Jordan's P.O.V}

There i was sitting alone at lunch by that same old cherry blossom tree, no Hannah, and no Alex. It was kind of lonely, I completely think my old friends hate me now. "Oi, King." Speak of the devils.. There stood my old gang of friends. "Where you been?! Your turning into such a softy." Jared said.

"Yeah! I think its the fag's fault with that project you have to work on with him." Ty said.

The group was overwhelmed with mutters till one spoke up, "I say we jump him after school! Show him where he belongs!!!" They all cheered till Jared calmed them down turning my way, he stared down at me holding out his hand. "What do ya say Jordan!" He grinned. I grabbed his hand as he pulled me up. They all cheered again as I was lost in my mind unsure what to do. I cant do that to Alex, I have to warn him.

Through out the day I feared what would happen. Everything that was going so right was going to go all down. The last period bell rang and everyone scurried out of the room along with the teacher for a meeting thats when I approached Alex's desk frightened for my life but I tried to hide it. "I Already have my bag so im ready to leave when you are." Alex chirped smiling. "We have to get out of here!" I said to him calmly. "What why?! Whats the rush?!" He asked confused. "My old frie-" I was cut off but the door being thrown open to the classroom. "Well, well, well. Jordan just couldn't wait to hurt the faggot." Jared sneered. The gang entered the room.

The gang was 5 other members other than me. Jared the the co-leader who was my best friend followed by Ty, Nick, Kevin, and Mike the others who weren't as important though. "Well what are you waiting for hit him?!" Jared growled. Alex sheepishly backed up against the wall far away from me. I edged closer to him my heart pounding louder and faster each step, I stood infront of him and took a deep breath... "Sorry..."

BOOM CLIFF HANGER !!!!!

Sorry dont hate more for making you wait! XD I couldnt resist