e l e v e n

phil

"i had a pet rabbit named holly but she was more like a dog," i begin.

"what does that even mean?"

"well, she had a cage and all but she never went in there so we just let her roam around the house like a dog," i shrug and he smiles slightly before slapping his hands on his thighs in a dramatic gesture.

"i had a hamster!" he squeals and i roll my eyes at his excitement.

"i had two an-"

"no, no, no," he cuts me off and leans forward in the gap between us, before whispering. "she wasn't a normal hamster," he tells me and i raise my eyebrows at him suspiciously before leaning back.

"she was like a super intelligent hamster who wanted freedom," he tells me, eyes slightly wide and expression serious.

"really?" i groan and he furrows his eyebrows at my expression.

"i can tell you don't believe me but i'm being honest alright! she popped off the lid of her cage twice and tried running off! she would collect all the sawdust-" he frantically begins to flail his arms trying to get his point across to me and i can't help but laugh at how determined he is to make me believe that he had a strange philosopher of a hamster.

i watch the way his hair bounces up and down with the way he shakes his head and the way he constantly pulls on his sleeves and bites his knuckles in frustration. his lips are pink as they move and his chestnut eyes are wide, his cheeks flushed from how much he's talking.

he's really pretty.

"why are you smiling like that?" he crosses his arms at my distracted expression and i snap out of my thoughts. my mouth decides to have a mind of it's own and before i can think, my lips begin moving.

"you're really cute," i blurt and a soft blush rises on his cheeks as he looks away from me. i can feel my cheeks heating and i run a hand through my fringe, biting my lip nervously. why the hell did i say that?

"i-um, i'm sorry i didn't mean to say that out loud," i mutter quietly, regretting my choice of words once he smirks at me.

"so you were thinking that all along?" he wiggles his eyebrows and my eyes slightly widen before i cough awkwardly. what is wrong with me?

"shut up," i mumble, embarrassed as he giggles, scratching the back of his head lightly before speaking.

"you're cute too,"

--

sORRY ITS A BIT RUSHED I'LL MAKE IT BETTER THE NEXT TIME