two

A/N: Thank you so much for all of the reads, comments, and votes that I've been getting on this story already! You guys are really amazing! Don't forget to follow me and check out all of my other stories as well and enjoy this chapter. x

Julissa

After sitting in complete silence for a minute I stood up from the couch and began making my way towards my room. I was halfway out of the room when my father's voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Julissa, where are you going?"

"If I have to be miserable for the rest of the night, I might as well be miserable in my bedroom," I uttered, walking out of the doorway before he could give me a lecture about how important it is to still stay together.

I entered my bedroom and sat down on the edge of my bed, looking out at the balcony while biting down softly on my lip.

It was nearly pitch black outside, the only lighting being of the full moon that hung in the middle of the sky and the dimness of the street lights.

It was eerie and made chills run down my spine, along with thinking about what was going on around the world right now. People were killing, raping, and hurting others, and it would continue for the next twelve hours.  And what made it worse is that it's legal.

I let out the breath that I hadn't realized I was holding in and put my headphones in, putting my iPod on shuffle.

Just as the first song started, a large hand suddenly covered my mouth. I was about to scream at the top of my lungs, when the voice that caused butterflies to swarm around in my stomach came from behind me.

"Sh, Jules, it's just me."

I pulled out of his grasp and looked at him, both confusion and shock placing my features.

"Tyler? What are you doing here? How did you even get in?"

"Babe, calm down. I snuck in while you guys were eating dinner," he assured me, smoothing my hair to lull me, as he knew it was the only way to get me to actually relax. "I wanted to see you.."

"You know you're not allowed in here. If one of my parents sees you, we're both dead," I exhorted.

Both of my parents absolutely despised Tyler, and when they first met him they claimed that he was too old for me and made us break up, even though we never actually did. If they ever found out that we were still together after all this time, I can only imagine what they'd do.

"It'll be fine. Stop worrying so much," he whispered, slowly inching closer towards me until he pressed his lips to mine gingerly. "I know what I'm doing."

I looked into his warm brown eyes warily. "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive," he murmured, before closing the gap in between us and sparks flew greater than they ever did before.

*

"That was..."

"Amazing," Tyler finished for me, his words causing heat to fly up to my cheeks. "I love you."

"I love you too," I breathed, burrowing my head into Tyler's chest as he played with my dark brown hair between his fingers.

We stayed that way for a good five minutes, before the sound of Tyler's quiet voice filled the air.

"I need to talk to your dad, Julissa," he told me seriously, no sign of playfulness in his tone.

I shot up as soon as the words left his lips, my eyes widening. "What? Are you kidding me?"

He shook his head. "No, I'm not. I'm tired of having to sneak around everywhere just so that I can see you. I'm sick of not being able to let everyone know that I'm taken by the most beautiful and greatest girl in the world. I need to talk things through with him, babe. I'm not going to live like this anymore. I can't."

I can't believe what he's saying right now. Does he really think that he'll be able to persuade my father that he's the one for me? If anything, he'll be able to persuade him that he's definitely not the one for me. No one has been able to ever change his mind, so I'll be surprised if he does. Still, I don't even think he should risk it.

"But Tyler, he's not going to listen to you-"

"Sure he is. He has to. What's he going to do? He can't kick me out now. He has no choice but to listen to what I have to say. Trust me, everything'll work out. I have everything planned out."

I sighed heavily, rubbing my forehead with my hands. "You're just going to talk to him, right?"

"I said I just want to talk to him, Jules. That's all. I promise."

I was about to say something else, but before I could he got up and threw his clothes on, making his way towards the hall.

"Tyler, wait!" I yell-whispered, rushing over to him and grabbing his wrist and making him face me.

"Just be careful, and don't do anything to set him off," I mumbled, looking down at our hands.

"I will."

His voice was low and cold, and something seemed different about him but I shook the feeling away.

Instead I gave him one last kiss on his lips and let him slip out of my bedroom, leaving me alone and curious as to what was going to happen in the next sixty seconds.

Niall

"You can run, but you can't hide, Horan!"

I leant against the cool brick of the building and panted as quietly as I could, trying to catch my breath. My heart was still hammering against my chest, and my head was spinning from running non-stop ever since the sirens sounded about thirty minutes ago.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are," Axel's calm but frightening voice began to sound closer to where I was hiding, meaning that I had to start running again. Otherwise he'd catch me here and kill me immediately. Fuck.

I ran my fingers through my sweaty and matted dyed blonde roots, and started sprinting as fast as my wobbly legs would take me towards the neighborhood near where I was hiding.

Not even a few seconds after that Axel or one of his buds must have seen me, because the next thing I knew they were shouting for me again and footsteps were coming in my direction.

"We see you, Horan! You might as well just give up now. Let us Purge!" Axel yelled, insanity dripping off of his words.

God, the Purge really has turned some human beings into psychos.

I don't even understand why they're after me this year. I've never done anything to them. They just don't like me, I guess. Or they just like purging on innocent people.

Like last year they decided to take out all of their anger on a homeless man, all because they thought people like him made the world a worse place. They really are disgusting people..

I must have zoned out for a moment and forgot where I was, because I tripped over my own feet and planted the ground face first. I winced as my skin hit against the damp concrete, blood instantly running its way down my temple.

Shit.

"You're all ours now!"

I ignored the stinging pain that I was feeling and forced myself to stand up to my feet, and began looking for someplace of safety.

I just hope that I find somewhere to go.

Otherwise, I'm dead.