Part 14

Ryan had gone off and gotten into the pool with his three pack members and they were fooling around wrestling each other and I'm surprised that the female member wasn't failing. I think she is mated with one of the other two male pack members with them. I flipped back over to tan my front side again. I had grabbed a few pieces of watermelon and started ate them.

'Isn't this relaxing?' I asked Lilly.

'Very. All though I'm itching for a run.' She said.

'I am to I guess we could go for a quick run.' I said and I got up and stretched my body.

"Hey Nicolette I'm going for a run okay." I said.

"Nice I'll come with you." She said standing up and the guy said bye and left to his friends.

"Umm you don't have to really." I said trying to convince her not to come.

"Really? Your wolf isn't the only one itching for a run you know." She said laughing as I stood there shock on my face.

"Your a wolf?" I said shocked.

"Eh not really. I'm a lycan." She said proudly.

'Oh god. She is a lycan!" Lilly said annoyed.

'What is wrong with her being a lycan?' I asked confused.

'Lycans think they are the superior race of wolfs even though they are more of a cousin to us.' Lilly said.

'I've known her for a very long time. She isn't like that.' I said.

"Well are we going or have you changed you're mind?" She asked.

I shook my head no and we headed off into the woods and shifted.

********************************************
First ever Ryan POV:

Me and my friends had just gotten out of the pool and were drying off when I noticed that Marie and her friend were gone. I started to search for her scent and I picked it up. But something wasn't right. A new scent was there to.

'Do you all smell that?' I asked my friends.

'Yeah we smell it what is it?' One if them asked.

I tried to break down the scent and when I figured out what it was my heart stopped.

"Lycan." I said in a low voice.

My friends faces turned serious. We ran into the woods following the scent of the lycan. When we finally arrived to where the lycan was I immediately went into a attack stance that is until I saw that the lycan was with.

'Marie what are you doing with a lycan?' I asked her walking to her and standing next to her ready to defend her.

'This is Nicolette she is my best friend. She won't hurt me. I know because we have been friends for a long time.' Marie said defending her friend.

'Well if you trust her then I will to.' I said.

My friends came out and they trusted her to. But there is something about Nicolette that is off about her. I will be keeping an eye on her.

'We are about to go for a run, would you all like to join us?' Marie asked.

I looked over at Nicolette and she looked a little bothered by it. But then she shook it off and nodded her head reluctantly.

'Yeah we would love to join you.' I said happily.

'Keep and eye on the lycan.' I told my friends and they nodded.

And without notice Marie was the first to take off a lightning speed. Even I knew a lycan would never catch up to her. On the other hand I know I can. Then I took off after her leaving the other four in the dust and my wolf and I laughed. A little thing about lycans is that they are stronger than most of us wolves, only a few wolves in around the world are stronger than the average lycan. I am one of them. And Marie is one of the other ones as well. Lycans also think they are superior over all wolves and are not willing to be very 'welcoming' to wolves except for one lycan pack which is by my territory. They are called the Blood Lust Pack and a strong pack at that.

'Did you honestly think you could leave me in the dust?' I taunted at Marie.

'What are you talking about this is nothing for me if anything this is a trot.' She laughed tossing her head up a little. Then she sped up even more and started to get out of view.

'That is only a trot to her. Man she is really something.' My wolf said in awe and I can't blame him.

I sped up to and I started to see her once again. Im half way to my limit in speed, I wonder how far she is into her limit.

'How far are you into your limit?' I asked her.

'Not even a quarter way into it.' She said with a smirk.

'Geez what is she, a hybrid or something.' My wolf said jokingly.

'Well as you can tell she isn't exactly a normal wolf. She might be a hybrid.' I said. I would have to ask her birth mom that.

Suddenly a flash of brown flew by me. It was Nicolette. Then my friends past me to.

'Oh not today.' I said to myself and I pushed even harder and pasted all of them catching up to Marie again.  

AN:
So I hope you all like that I will be doing Ryan's POV now as well. And I might be doing Nicolette's POV to but further into the book.